Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED spots - transformer advice

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

You could simply use mains voltage LEDs. This will save you a lot of hassle. Less components, less connections = less to go wrong.
    Check out the Philips range and see the LED sticky above.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

2011 wrote: »
    You could simply use mains voltage LEDs. This will save you a lot of hassle. Less components, less connections = less to go wrong.
    Check out the Philips range and see the LED sticky above.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the response but i already have the old transformers in place so it is just a matter of swapping these out. I have also purchased the LED's.
    Basically what i am asking is will these transformers work with 4w LED?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Honestly your best bet is to cut off the transformer and put a gu10 fitting in its place. What you have is mr16 fitting.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

ted1 wrote: »
    Honestly your best bet is to cut off the transformer and put a gu10 fitting in its place. What you have is mr16 fitting.

He means use mains voltage LEDs so that you don't need LED drivers.
    I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hi, Thanks for the response but i already have the old transformers in place so it is just a matter of swapping these out. I have also purchased the LED's. Basically what i am asking is will these transformers work with 4w LED?

Yes they should work. If you look at the Amazon page for the LED lamp that's the recommended traffo.

However I agree with the above.

Would be better buying GU10 led lamps, gu 10 holders and scrap the traffos

• Advertisement
Advertisement