Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

obstructive parking in housing estate opposite busy school

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

In a Dublin context- since the 1st April- the entire city encapsuled within the two canals- is a 30Kmph zone- it was extended throughout- against the wishes of pretty much everyone, by Dublin city council.........

I was out for a walk this morning - Malahide Road / Northside / Ardlea Road.
    Average Traffic speed at least 80 kph, a metre-ish away from me.
    Ardlea Road particularly interesting as people swerve in and around ramps at speed.

No harm to get people to slow down generally, and realise there are other people using the roads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Baby Bjorn and lots of other companies have their own versions of them.
    100% definitely still available- I got my sis one a few months back.
    You'll get a bit of a shock when you see what they cost........

Wrap a bit of cloth around yourself. One of the wife's best friends is from Ghana and she could be doing back flips with the baby on her back and the kid wouldn't fall out - I dunno how she does it the baby is constantly on her back and she moves around as if it's nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,018 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Chuchote wrote: »
    I don't know if it's too late to apply for this, but Transport for Ireland was planning to run a Green Schools trial using around 10 schools in Dublin, to see the best ways to replace the car-borne school run, which threatens to lead to obesity and passivity in Dublin children, with greener ways like cycling with your children, walking with your children, "walking buses" (where an adult or two adults bring a group of children walking together, collecting them from their homes as they go), or having a driveway in and out of the school similar to Dublin Airport's, where the driveway is purely a drop-off zone, no waiting, and other possible methods. They were hoping to find schools with creative parents, teachers and children who would offer better ways than the school run in its current incarnation.

Any idea where you saw details of this. I don't see anything recent on the Green Schools website;

https://greenschoolsireland.org/news/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Any idea where you saw details of this. I don't see anything recent on the Green Schools website;

https://greenschoolsireland.org/news/

Was talking to someone from Transport for Ireland. Would be worth contacting them to ask. When I talked to him it was, ohhh, maybe November or December and they were talking about recruiting schools for a study in the new year, but they were mad, mad busy so it may not have happened yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

A reminder that this is the accommodation and property forum ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement