Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad mini 3 64gb replacement screen

Options
  • 02-05-2017 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭

I dropped my iPhone on my iPad and it cracked the whole centre of the screen worse part is the digitaliser is now faulty so only half the screen works so need to get a new screen and digitaliser. The main shop that does it locally said they couldn't get reliable parts for that model so couldn't replace the screen.

So just wondering is the iPad mini 3 more difficult to replace a screen in than other ipads. I want to get a good job done ideally with Apple parts or do people reckon that matters ? Any of the authorised service agents such as Iconnect replace screens ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

nobody officially repairs Apple iOS products.

If you go through an Authorised Apple Service Centre or Apple directly they will take the broken one back and replace it with a refurbished / new unit for a set charge .. I have no idea what it is for the iPad Mini.

All repair shops use parts they source them selves from everywhere and anywhere .. Apple officially do not supply parts to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

whippet wrote: »
    nobody officially repairs Apple iOS products.

If you go through an Authorised Apple Service Centre or Apple directly they will take the broken one back and replace it with a refurbished / new unit for a set charge .. I have no idea what it is for the iPad Mini.

All repair shops use parts they source them selves from everywhere and anywhere .. Apple officially do not supply parts to anyone.

Ok thanks for the reply. Was onto I-Connect and they said as you said they can't repair it but would send it off and get me a refurbed replacement for €380 but at that money I might as well go for a iPad mini 4 with 128gb. Although I am conscious that the 4 has been out a while so maybe there is a mini 5 on the way ?

Obviously the cheapest thing to do is give someone ~€150 and let them repair it but as you said that's not with Apple parts and quality could be hit and miss. The last thing I want to do is throw €150 at it and end up with an inferior iPad that could have issues in a years times.

Advertisement