Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home security system service call out costs?

Options
  • 02-05-2017 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My home systems has developed a couple of faults that are causing false alarms on occasion. I had previously isolated one of the zones but it seems that a sensor or two in another have also developed faults.

I was going to get the original company that did the installation in to check it out but I'm not sure they're still active, solocheck says they are but they have had their web domain disabled which is never a good sign.

So what am I looking at for a reasonable call out/servicing charge, before I take into account any new sensors etc, or any suggestions/recommendations via PM?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Call out charges can vary anywhere from €50 - €180.
    Shop around the local companies in or around your area. They will generally be better value than the bigger ones.
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Hi guys,

My home systems has developed a couple of faults that are causing false alarms on occasion. I had previously isolated one of the zones but it seems that a sensor or two in another have also developed faults.

I was going to get the original company that did the installation in to check it out but I'm not sure they're still active, solocheck says they are but they have had their web domain disabled which is never a good sign.

So what am I looking at for a reasonable call out/servicing charge, before I take into account any new sensors etc, or any suggestions/recommendations via PM?

Here is a link to the PSA website, you can search your area for a local installer.

Advertisement