Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler tripping the RCD

Options
  • 02-05-2017 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I know absolutely nothing on this subject but when I switch on my heating (or when it comes on using the timer) it trips the sockets RCD.Should I get the boiler serviced or get an electrician to have a look at the wiring or both.Also could anyone recommend an electrician in Drogheda please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Only a rgi can work on the boiler but my guess is that the pump is causing the problem and depending on location of the pump you may need both plumber and electrician to diagnose/fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

Most likely a water leak but, you need a registered gas Installer - RGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Ok, thanks for that.Its very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

Actually central heating water tends to be highly conductive as it's full of metal ions. So even a very small leak onto electrics will tend to cause instant tripping.

Advertisement