Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's just say...

Options
  • 02-05-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Lets just say i sign up to Eir as a new customer for ftth and tv and have my line newly connected(brand new house).engineer comes out connects me to the line, sets me up, leaves me to it...

Then lets say during my cooling off period i decide i don't like the service (e.g..too slow), and i cancel….
    What happens to my line? It's cut off but it's still now an active line and i'm free to go wherever i like…aren't Eir loosing out on this by paying for the connections for "potential" customers who just want to get their lines connected for free so they can join the likes of Virgin etc who don't deal with new line connections.

Also what happens to the modem/other equipment? Does this get collected by Eir or just let with the customer like Sky would do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi guideanna,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

If you are looking to cancel within your cooling off period, all equipment must be returned or you will be charged as per our terms and conditions. 

You can send these to:
    eir Returns
    PO Box 12726
    Freepost

Dublin 11

Your services will then be cancelled down and you will not have any services.

You will be required to contact our cancellations team on 1800 303 600 to discuss this further.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

ok thanks.

so lets say i cancelled is any other company just free to come in and connect to the line that air have installed?

Unfortunately, we would be unable to advise on another companies installation procedure and you would need to discuss this with them.

I'm sorry we can't assist you further with this.

-Anna

Thanks anna. That's been of great assistance to me. 
    Hoping i can place my order with Eir soon…can't wait to get my line connected!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

guideanna wrote: »
    ok thanks.

so lets say i cancelled is any other company just free to come in and connect to the line that air have installed?
    Virgin dont use Eir lines.

Everyone else can do the same setup as Eir can, so you're only wasting your and Eirs time. Nothing is achieved. 

• Advertisement

guideanna wrote: »
    Thanks anna. That's been of great assistance to me. 
    Hoping i can place my order with Eir soon…can't wait to get my line connected!
    No problem at all Guideanna :)

Please feel free to get back in touch and let us know how you get on with your installation

Thanks,
    Anna

Well i want to try out Eirs service (if i'm ever able to place an order that is), just that i heard from a friend who recently sign dup that it's not great. No catchup etc, they weren't impressed and have gone back to SKy, however i do want to try it out.
    Also faik Sky don't connect lines so this would be handy if Eir connected me…if i wasn't happy with their service of course :-)

Advertisement