Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirode updated-line speed still showing slower speed

Options
  • 02-05-2017 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Please feel free to to my ongoing saga over your system holding an incorrect address for my eircode.

i've been assured (numerous times now) that the address is now corrected and have put in for a new line test which i am waiting to hear back on.

Question i have is how can i be sure this is being done on the correct address? 
    This is my third attempt and i was assured last time it would be the correct address from now on…But it wasn't.

Is there a way i can get confirmation of the address the technician visited or a proof of correct address visitation.eg.photo etc?
     i'm sorry but i just have no trust in Eir at all anymore so i have taken it upon myself now to micro manage every tiny aspect of my trying to correctly place my (THIRD) order.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi guideanna,

I would recommend keeping your query on the one thread to avoid any confusion. 

I'm sorry you feel this way however, I'm afraid we would be unable to send you proof that this has been amended on our side.

I have checked this again for you and can assure you it is corrected.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Justy read on another post the following;

"You landline needs to be installed first and when this becomes active it can then be tested and another installation can then be carried out for FTTH.
    "

So please can your tell me…
    How can air give me a line test if i never had a landline installed?

I'm in the process of getting ready to place my THIRD order, sales person told me on Thursday or maybe even Wednesday that a line test would be getting done at my "correct" address but i've never had a landline in my home (new build, was never connected) so what will they be testing in my case then?

Every order is different and when ordering you would be advised of speeds eligible to you and the installation process.

Thanks,
    Anna

ok so can you tell me in my case how they would know the line speed?
    My eircode was tagged to the incorrect address so there's every possibility the wrong line speed is too, infact i'd bet my life on it since all my neighbors eircodes are coming up as available for fibre and i'm not...

The eircode has been amended and your speed is based on this and this is why it has been sent off for a speed test.

If you are looking to discuss this in further detail I would recommend contacting our sales team on 1800 503 303 when your test comes back and they will be able to advise you of your line capability.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

how am i supposed to know when the line test has been completed?

It would usually take up to 48 working hours to come back to the team.

Thanks,
    Anna

Well anna, looks like someone actually did call out to my house yesterday…the door off the box outside my house was discarded on the ground…nice touch!! He could have just left a calling card.
    Anyway do you think the line speed would be updated on your system yet or do i have to wait 48hours after they call?

I would recommend contacting them to query this and they should have a result now.

Did the technician leave anything for you or were they outside your home?

They may have been outside doing work for the area as I have checked your account number provided previously and there is no note of a technician out in regards to your home.

Thanks,
    Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
    I would recommend contacting them to query this and they should have a result now.

Did the technician leave anything for you or were they outside your home?

They may have been outside doing work for the area as I have checked your account number provided previously and there is no note of a technician out in regards to your home.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Well the box thing (beside the esb box) is on the side of my house in a private driveway and it had been tampered with as the door was on the ground, i live in a gated cul-de-sac so highly unlikely it was anyone else but eir.
    Got nothing left from a technician which as i mentioned in another post would have been preferable as i now have to pick up the phone for the 500th time to try find out has an engineer called, has the line been tested, has the system been updated and can i now place an order…..for the THIRD time!
    The ac number i gave you previously wouldn't' be updated as that order was cancelled due to the issue with the eircode so i currently have no order.

• Advertisement

I completely understand your frustration and I do apologise, however, a technician would only go out to a home if an order was placed.

As you have not yet placed a third order we checked your latest order to determine if this is why someone was out.

I have checked your line again with your eircode and your speed is showing a maximum capability of 7.0 Mb of fibre to the cabinet.

Thanks,
    Anna

I completely understand your frustration and I do apologise, however, a technician would only go out to a home if an order was placed.

As you have not yet placed a third order we checked your latest order to determine if this is why someone was out.

I have checked your line again with your eircode and your speed is showing a maximum capability of 7.0 Mb of fibre to the cabinet.

Thanks,
    Anna

I was told last week by the nice lady i spoke to in sales that there was no point placing an order until my line had been tested since the last test showing was likely based on the incorrect address that the eircode was bringing up on your system.

Unfortunately, it looks like the test result is yet to come back and this is why you would be receiving this speed. 

I will check this again tomorrow for you and update you.

Again, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

???

Apologies for the delay in replying to you.

I have tested your eircode again and I'm afraid you are still eligible for a max speed of 7.0 MB of fibre broadband at this address.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you, unfortunately, it does not look like this will be able to be increased.

Thanks,
    Anna

How is my line being tested if i don't have a landline?

Your line is being tested through your eircode and ard key and this is the maximum capability available to your home.

Thanks,
    Anna

I don't have an ard key number though as my landline was never connected.
    My neighbor is getting ftth extreme.

His house/eircode is right beside mine so we'd be working off the same box on the main road.

Why can the speed not be increase Anna?

Each line carries different speeds and fibre is subject to availability.

I understand your neighbour is eligible, however, that would not guarantee the service to your home and I would be unable to comment on another customers installation.

Your ard key is a unique code on our system attached to your premises and this does not require a phone number.

-Anna

• Advertisement

Fibre is available to me…at 7mbps i'm being told.

But how is this information accurate if i don't have a line currently working?

My neighbours eircode bring ups 100mbs available so ho scan i see about getting my line sped increased or accurately assessed at the very least?

Hi guideanna,

We have looked into this and unfortunately, the results have come back the same. 

Please be advised that posting on multiple other customer's threads will need to be flagged with Boards as spam.

I apologise that I can't be of better help personally in this case.

-Anna

Hi guideanna,

We have looked into this and unfortunately, the results have come back the same. 

Please be advised that posting on multiple other customer's threads will need to be flagged with Boards as spam.

I apologise that I can't be of better help personally in this case.

-Anna
    Anna i think you'll fine each post i've made had had different queries and where similar information has been queried or requested it is only because i have not received an answer on other posts OR because the post in question is of interest to me and raises other queries with me.

Apologies if you think i'm trying to SPAM the board. I assure you if i was getting what i felt were clear and informed answers i would not be posting as frequently. 

I'm sorry you feel this way however, we have advised you of the relevant information on several posts that you have queried on.

-Anna

You have indeed however, i am still trying to see if i can find a way to get the order i want placed successfully for the service i want which i know is available in my housing estate…just not to my house for some reason which i am still at a loss of.

I am educating myself through the different posts so as queries come up i will be continuing to ask questions and try to find out as much information as i can. 
    I hope this won't put you out but my understanding is that what your posted to do so if i have doubled up on an exact query in different posts i apologize.

It's hard keep track myself when i have so many questions as to why the service is being provided to my next door neighbor but not to me. 

I completely understand guideanna.

Unfortunately, with fibre to the home it is subject to availability and when we amended your eircode as requested, the speeds came back as 7.0 MB as a maximum capability for your home.

Not every customer in a fibre-enabled area is guaranteed this service as each home carries different speeds.

I understand your frustration with this and I have followed up on this being tested again for you.

As soon as I have heard back I will update you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Thanks Anna.

I don't understand WHY each one carries different speeds though.
    Why does my neighbor who is literally 20metres from my house, built at the same time, feeding off the same pole on the main road able to get a better speed than me. It's just not making sense to me?!?

Unfortunately, this not something we would be able to advise on from here as various factors can affect your speed.

I'm really sorry we couldn't offer you better news. 

Thanks,
    Anna

Would love to know what these "various factors" are exactly.

• Advertisement

I'm afraid this would not be our area of expertise and would be unable to advise you from here.

-Anna

Advertisement