Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirode updated-line speed still showing slower speed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

So who would i need to contact? who's expertise it is? how can i get a factual answer?
    Who or what decides the speeds per house?

It's just not satisfactory to me that Eir are promising  "over 300,000 additional homes,  that currently only have access to basic broadband, or indeed no broadband at all, will have access to the fastest broadband speeds in Ireland"

So has my house been skipped for this since my neighbour's are now availing of the FTTH 100mbs and i'm left with 7mbs speed.

Surely if Eir were upgrading my area including the 4 other houses in my estate i should/could have been included.

I just don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You're mixing things up here. FTTH is 150, 300, 1000Mb. FTTC is 7-100 and "Old" ADSL is 0.5-24Mb.

"My neighbor is getting ftth extreme." So it is FTTH you want.

Without knowing your house:
    GPON (FTTH) comes out in runs, think of it like a tree root. 1 becomes 8 becomes 64 or any combination thereof. 

If a route is going out a road and say has 17 "slots" available left and reaches an estate with 20 houses its possible for a few to be left behind.

If OpenEir have:
    Found your eircode in eligible
    Done a check and found the same

Thats it, you're done. Come back in a  year and they may do fill in works to close down gaps. 

ED E wrote: »
    You're mixing things up here. FTTH is 150, 300, 1000Mb. FTTC is 7-100 and "Old" ADSL is 0.5-24Mb.

GPON (FTTH) comes out in runs, think of it like a tree root. 1 becomes 8 becomes 64 or any combination thereof. 

If a route is going out a road and say has 17 "slots" available left and reaches an estate with 20 houses its possible for a few to be left behind.

If OpenEir have:

Thats it, you're done. Come back in a  year and they may do fill in works to close down gaps. 

Thanks
    It is ftth I want.
    This line has only been installed on my road recently and went live couple of weeks ago. We had a sales guy call to allthe houses in our cul de sac selling us ftth before it even went live...that's was back in march. Since then I've had problem after problem with Eir and while my neighbours are all getting connected now with speeds of 100mb (possibly more as I think the speed test they ran had a max off 100) I'm being left with a 7mbs...I understand about if the lines weren't going as far as my house but I'm literally metres from my neighbours, they've been connected in the last few weeks, I've been trying to get mine since end of march.

I want to know what's the thinking process behind the selection of houses that are able to avail of the ftth...how come out of 5 houses only my house is not available for high speed...the eir salesman who called to my door started this whole thing...Eir approached me...Eir sold me a service....and since then have been telling me they can't provide it....I want to know why...an exact reason...not a "because we say so".
    Why is my house excluded when I've been trying to get the service since before it even went live on my road and yet next door are away in a hack with their tv service and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CDSM101

guideanna wrote: »
    Thanks
    It is ftth I want.
    This line has only been installed on my road recently and went live couple of weeks ago. We had a sales guy call to allthe houses in our cul de sac selling us ftth before it even went live...that's was back in march. Since then I've had problem after problem with Eir and while my neighbours are all getting connected now with speeds of 100mb (possibly more as I think the speed test they ran had a max off 100) I'm being left with a 7mbs...I understand about if the lines weren't going as far as my house but I'm literally metres from my neighbours, they've been connected in the last few weeks, I've been trying to get mine since end of march.

I want to know what's the thinking process behind the selection of houses that are able to avail of the ftth...how come out of 5 houses only my house is not available for high speed...the eir salesman who called to my door started this whole thing...Eir approached me...Eir sold me a service....and since then have been telling me they can't provide it....I want to know why...an exact reason...not a "because we say so".
    Why is my house excluded when I've been trying to get the service since before it even went live on my road and yet next door are away in a hack with their tv service and all.
    I'm in the same boat, so understand your pain. My neighbors who are right beside me are eligible for FTTH, but my house is not. As I understand, OpenEir have already surveyed what Eircodes will be eligible. This I would imagine is based on a number of factors, including limited capacity as ED E has mentioned above. It could be possible that Eir cannot provide the service, because they simply don't have a spare fiber line to run to your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I do apologise guideanna and I completely understand.

A physical survey would need to be required at your home to check the reasons why fibre is not available and unfortunately, this is not a service we provide unless there is a fault which would not be the case.

I'm afraid we don't select which houses are going live and this is currently being rolled across the country. 

Even though you are not eligible at the moment, this does not mean you will never receive the service. Unfortunately, we do not yet have an estimated date as to when this will become available.

-Anna

• Advertisement

If OpenEir have:

Thanks
    It is ftth I want.

Read my post again, I've explained it to you. Theres a maximum split on a single optic, if they reach it and have one or two houses left its tough luck. Thats the technical explanation. 

If OpenEir have:

Thanks
    It is ftth I want.

Read my post again, I've explained it to you. Theres a maximum split on a single optic, if they reach it and have one or two houses left its tough luck. Thats the technical explanation. 
    and if you read my post again you'll see that i said i have been trying to avail of the ftth sine before it went live, the week it went live, the week after it went live,etc since then my neighbors have been able to take up the service meaning the service should have been available to me when i went looking for it.

Note sure what you mean here Anna,
    "I'm afraid we don't select which houses are going live and this is currently being rolled across the country. "

So there is a selection process, who does make it then? Whats it based on?

eir: Anna wrote: »
    I do apologise guideanna and I completely understand.

A physical survey would need to be required at your home to check the reasons why fibre is not available and unfortunately, this is not a service we provide unless there is a fault which would not be the case.

I'm afraid we don't select which houses are going live and this is currently being rolled across the country. 

Even though you are not eligible at the moment, this does not mean you will never receive the service. Unfortunately, we do not yet have an estimated date as to when this will become available.

-Anna

As previously advised we do not select the houses that are eligible.

-Anna

Got that thanks.

do you know who does then?

• Advertisement

There is no one that would decide this.

The rollout plan is nationwide and will hopefully soon be live across the country.

-Anna

I find this a very unsatisfactory answer Anna.

I've been trying to get FTTH since before my next door neighbor and was told i couldn't, then they were able to get it no issue.
    I see no logical explanation for this and being told the service will "hopefully" be available to me "soon", is a total cop out on Eir's part.

When an Eir salesman called to my house and sold me the FTTH service he assured me i would be getting speeds of up to 150mbs, the tv service, the best available….what an utter joke that turned out to be.

I understand that and I do apologise, however, we cannot guarantee this service to any of our customers.

The eircode you had given, on our system, was testing for FTTH and this is why you were signed up to the service.

When you requested for this to be updated on our system, this was processed and your eircode is now not eligible for FTTH.

Thanks,
    Anna

If OpenEir have:

Thanks
    It is ftth I want.

and if you read my post again you'll see that i said i have been trying to avail of the ftth sine before it went live, the week it went live, the week after it went live,etc since then my neighbors have been able to take up the service meaning the service should have been available to me when i went looking for it.
    It was decided before ANYONE ordered.

The supervising technician in the team that wired up the area entered the eircodes that they could cover. When he runs out of slots he stops entering eircodes. He ran out before reaching you.

Now if this doesn't take the biscuit!!!

So I was scheduled for engineer to come out to me today to connect me to the crappie 7mbs because I KNOW there is better speed available to me but I said go ahead and let's just get connected and then we'll see what speed I'm getting...:low and behold...engineer from KN has just called me to say I should be connecting to ftth no fttc.
    He's going to send back the message to Eir and I presume I'm now going to be looking at place a FOURTH order with Eir!!!!!
    Can ANYONE in Eir provide me with a broadband service of any kind, anytime this century would be fabulous...22nd of march my first order was placed...this is my third order gone wrong!! All Eir issues nothing to do with me!!!
    How is this company getting away with this??

Hi guideanna,

I am truly sorry about this.

Can you please PM me your new account number and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

Is ther and update on this Anna,
    I did miss calls yesterday from Eir.

I'll do own update...more as a matter of record for myself and the verrrry long complaints letter from intend to send about this entire fiasco, and possibly for anyone who finds them self dealing with the same pile of horse manure that Eir have been feeding me since day1!!

So, the "connect" dept has now put in a request for another engineer visit to "sort this out for me once and for all" wholesale have also been informed...again....and will be "doing some things on their end",(scratching their arses would be my guess)

Sorry but this is all pile of crap to me and basically what i have to do is now wait ANOTHER week for ANOTHER installation date.

I'll be two months into the order process with Eir next week without as much as anyone even calling to my house try to connect me! God forbid if we ever get that far what problem will arise...I shudder to think!

Looking forward to next weeks order being cancelled on me already!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi guideanna, 

Unfortunately, your line test has not come back as of yet, however, myself or Anna will get in touch with you when it has come back. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Hi guideanna, 

Unfortunately, your line test has not come back as of yet, however, myself or Anna will get in touch with you when it has come back. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,
    Leanne.

What makes anyone think this line test is going to give you different results than the line test done 2 weeks ago....were starting to go around in circles now.
    your "test" 2 weeks ago said 7mbs fibre...engineer said no, ftth...who's right who's wrong...how do we find out and whyyyyyyyyyyyyy am I STILL having to chase Eir every Micro detail of the way on this!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Can someone get back to me with an update on my orders status ASAP

I want to know how the line test you mention above is going to be carried out any differently to the previous line test?

As mentioned before this saga is ongoing since March 22nd….

Can someone come back to me please i notice posts are being responded to and mine is being overlooked, 
    I want to know how the line test you mention above is going to be carried out any differently to the previous line test?
    I've got a text for a new installation date on 19th…so whats different this time around? Is the engineer going to call me again and tell me the same thing he did last week…that i should be getting FTTH not FTTC.

Can someone answer asap please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi guideanna, 

I understand your frustration and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. However, for each new installation that will be done, we will need to do a line speed test to measure what speeds your line can avail of. We won't know if your line can avail of FTTH or FTTC until it is installed and your account is active on our systems. 

Again, I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience cause throughout this process.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Leanne, i completely understand this HOWEVER this was all supposedly done 2 weeks ago and i was told by Eir the results of which showed i was not able to get FTTH.

My installation was all set for last Thursday for the FTTC as at this stage i just want a broadband service of any description and then the engineer calls me to say he knows exactly where my house is and that i should be getting FTTH and that i'm too far away for FTTC!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He gave me the code of the box i should be connecting to outside my gate.
    This is just infuriating!

WHAT difference is this line test going to do than the previous line test? 

This is just me and Eir going around in circles now….

I'm afraid this result is still showing only available for fibre to the cabinet with a maximum speed of 7.0 mb. 

-Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
    I'm afraid this result is still showing only available for fibre to the cabinet with a maximum speed of 7.0 mb. 

-Anna

Anna

I'm loosing the will to live here!

I now have an email from open air telling me the ftth is available (using my eir code).
    I will pm you a screen shot of this if you want!

I know ftth is available to me. I've said this all along.
    Can you please see that your system gets updated, this may involve an eir engineer calling out to me but this needs to me done asap! I have been going around in circles with eir on this since march.

I have tried doing this eir' s way, I ordered the 7mbs speed and as I have already said...the engineer called me to say it's ftth I should be getting not fttc.
    I was happy to connect to the 7mbs u mention....kn tell me it's not possible that I'm too far from the cabinet and it should be ftth...eir tell me I can't get ftth.
    What the hell am I supposed to do?
    Eir customer service is so poor, no one is helping me!
    22nd of march this is going on since and so help me I will see it to an end...

Can eir and open eir communicate with one another on this issue.... PLEASE!!!!

Ok so i've just had a 45 minute call with customer serve who are now telling me in the "background" they can see i am able to get ftth but it's still not showing up at order stage.

Good god Eir sort yourselves out!!

The girl is going to try to rectify this issue for me and get back to me within 48hrs.

I will then be looking at place order No. 4 IF she can get the system corrected!

Worst level of communication within a company EVER and for a communications company that is really an embarrassment! 

I have had to persist and claw for every inch of progress on this and am still no where near completion of an order. 

I've not had one person consistently deal with my case even after 3 orders and almost 2 months of constantly trying to solve issues within you "system".

I am very sorry as we would not be able to see this from here. 

I will liaise with the agent that is looking into this and will update you as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    Anna

her name is Eimear.

• Advertisement

That's no problem.

I have followed this up ad will update you as soon as I have heard back.

-Anna

Advertisement