Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirode updated-line speed still showing slower speed

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

I was told by customer service this could be 4 days (this was yesterday). Do you think you could get get it rushed through any quicker considering i'm in the process mill since MARCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi guideanna, 

We are working to resolve this issue for you as soon as possible. We are still awaiting a reply from Emer, however, we will be in touch when we have an update.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Missed a call from eir earlier any update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi guideanna,

This case has been escalated in order to investigate the FTTH being live in your area and not available at your home since the eircode being amended.

I have been advised this can take up to 4 working days and this is why you may have received a phone call.

-Anna

Just an update for anyone following.
    Now Eir telling me FTTH IS IN FACT available to me, (shock....i've only been trying to tell them that since your rep' landed at my door on March 22nd)....my FOURTH order is in motion and my installation date for Thursday is set.

This is about the 5th installation date i've had from Eir since March...have to be home from 9-5 on these days...not one engineer has called to my house on ANY of these days!

Will keep posted on how it goes Thursday....not holding my breath...

• Advertisement

I'm delighted to hear this guideanna.

Please let us know how you get on with this and I do apologise for all of the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Update...

Well, I now have a land phone line.
    No phone mind you, nor did I want or need a landline.

I ordered fibre and tv service so myself and the KN engineer had a good laugh at the stupidity of the procedure eir have in place to install a phone line when a fibre line is what is required to provide fibre Bb and tv service.
    Such a joke! Waste of time, waste of money!

Was not made aware I would also need a second installation date...which I again had to be the one to contact Eir for.
    Twice I had to ring, since the morning I rang (and was kept on hold for over 30minutes) I was told the department didn't open till 9....it was 8.50am by that stage!!
    So that's all set now for next week.

The saga continues....

I am very sorry guideanna.

Please let us know when you have had your second installation.

Thanks,
    Anna

Engineer is a no show...my email from eir started a call between 9-4.30.
    When eir connect called me during the week to confirm my apt they said the engineer would call me half an hour before hand.
    It's now gone 4

What's the story Eir?

I'm sorry to hear this.

I would recommend contacting our Open eir appointments department on 01 5366550 to assist you with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

I GOT FTTH BROADBAND!!!

FINALLY…FINALLY…after 3 calendar MONTHS of HOUNDING Eir every other day, and FOUR different account numbers all from issues arising from Eir issues, me TELLING them FTTH was available to me and then telling me it wasn't and dragging the arse out it every possible way they could with issues on eircodes, incorrect addresses, incorrect order details, incorrect speeds being ordered, basically proving themselves to be the most useless company with regard to customer service and internal process etc etc.

I will say this…

The FTTH connection is excellent. i'm getting 145mbs d/l around the house. Delighted with myself…and the hernia i've probably gained in the process!

Side note; I also got the TV service from Eir, however having used it over the long weekend i've decided it's basically the same as FTA!
    An annoying interface makes it hard to determine what's on now as it shades this out on the planned, not so user friendly setup (hard to see the different channels on the menu screen), mostly FTA channels, can't do record or playback on multi room box, no playback option box sets etc.

THANK GOD i am now at an end with this thread. Eir you have been….an absolute NIGHTMARE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

heres hoping i can get to the light at the end of the tunnel, like yourself 3 months and counting haha, joke of a company 

I am delighted to hear this guideanna and appreciate your feedback on the speeds you are receiving.

Please let us know if you have any further queries in regards to this.

Thanks,
    Anna

heres hoping i can get to the light at the end of the tunnel, like yourself 3 months and counting haha, joke of a company 
    Hi Icyseanfitz,

Have you placed a new order for the service?

If so, can you please PM me your account number again and I will follow this up for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

This sounds so much like my situation.
    Moved into a new house an ordered FTTH - Installer came out and put in FTTC as he said that was what was ordered - it is 30mb so not the worst.
    Checked with eir and they say that the FTTH order should not have been accepted originally as my premises cannot get FTTH
    Checked my eircode and still passing for FTTH. Phone line which coincidentally was also a new line was only showing 30mb - hence the FTTC install. Status of phone line is now showing up to 1000mb FTTH so hoping to get a new order through in the next few days.
    Seems to be an problem with their system that can't cope with new phone lines - existing numbers don't seem to cause any problems.

Hi Tweaky,

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks,
    Anna

Tweaky wrote: »
    This sounds so much like my situation.
    Moved into a new house an ordered FTTH - Installer came out and put in FTTC as he said that was what was ordered - it is 30mb so not the worst.
    Checked with eir and they say that the FTTH order should not have been accepted originally as my premises cannot get FTTH
    Checked my eircode and still passing for FTTH. Phone line which coincidentally was also a new line was only showing 30mb - hence the FTTC install. Status of phone line is now showing up to 1000mb FTTH so hoping to get a new order through in the next few days.
    Seems to be an problem with their system that can't cope with new phone lines - existing numbers don't seem to cause any problems.
    Yes sounds similar to me, before my phone line was installed my eircode was bringing up an incorrect address on their system and they literally took WEEKS to fix this properly through the whole systems in all departments. (In customer terms this was 2 orders on my part…such a waste of my time).

Once they did install a phone line (which i don't need or ever intend to use), the correct (which i was telling them all along) FTTH availability showed up on the system. 
    Ridiculous way of having to do things though, setting up a phone line for a fibre order just so they can get their system to see that fibre is available….feel sorry for the poor KN lads having to deal with the customers face to face.
    The sales guy who called to our house originally never showed up when he arranged to call back to sort out pour order and then wouldn't answer the phone to me. Absolute weasel! Didn't get any commission off my order anyway since i had to place 5 in the end, his name was long dropped off!!!

Advertisement