Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS tapes!

Options
  • 02-05-2017 1:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has a few large boxes of movies on VHS and is looking to get rid of them.

He was hoping to donate them to a nursing home or similar where they'd be of use to somebody.

Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Whats a VHS tape ????

Joking..bin them. very unlikely to get somewhere with a player

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They won't be of any use to anybody anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

endacl wrote: »
    They won't be of any use to anybody anywhere.

What if somebody has a VHS player?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Tell them it's not the 1990s anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

ongarite wrote: »
    Tell them it's not the 1990s anymore!

Alot of people still use VHS players.
    How many tapes has he and would he consider shipping them with parcel motel at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Nice idea, but don't know if anywhere would genuinely appreciate it these days.
    I'd imagine DVD's are readily available, and easier to store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Don't want to hijack your Thread op but its kinda on the same topic, Any idea where in Dublin i can get a VHS transferred to DVD/USB stick.

Want to get the parents Wedding tape transferred to DVD for the anniversary.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Don't want to hijack your Thread op but its kinda on the same topic, Any idea where in Dublin i can get a VHS transferred to DVD/USB stick.

http://www.dvdcentre.ie/transfer-video-dvd-service.php

• Registered Users Posts: 82,629 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I know the Fuji place in Clarehall Shopping Centre on the first floor does, no idea on price.
    http://www.clarehall.ie/ysstores/fuji-digital-centre/

Lidl do a USB convertor with software every few months for about ?20, downside is you would need a video player to convert from, here's the German ad for it..
    https://www.lidl.de/de/silvercrest-usb-video-grabber-2-0-svg-2-0-a3/p203384

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Googled "vhs to dvd": http://www.dvdcentre.ie/transfer-video-dvd-service.php

Burzum wrote: »
    Alot of people still use VHS players.
    How many tapes has he and would he consider shipping them with parcel motel at all?

he has 50-60 vids so would be expensive enough to ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I have two. They're somewhere at the back of the shed because I haven't got around to chucking them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

A friend of mine has a few large boxes of movies on VHS and is looking to get rid of them.

He was hoping to donate them to a nursing home or similar where they'd be of use to somebody.

Anybody got any ideas?

Alzheimer's home? Old things do wonders I believe. Read about a home in the UK that is all 60's inside as it helps the patients.

sugarman wrote: »
    Stick them up for free adverts.ie, someone might want them for their parents or grandparents who still use them.

Somebody will take them off you.

Good plan!

Advertisement