Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation & Property Forum

Options
  • 02-05-2017 1:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

I want to point out the depressing state of the Accommodation and Property Forum.

People constantly talk about ways to circumvent the law. They talk about tenants in really pejorative terms.

Post #3 from the Accommodation and Property Forum Charter states:

Illegal actions and advocating such actions, etc.
    Illegal stuff is illegal. It's Boards.ie policy not to discuss illegality and it's definitely not welcome here. Members have been banned over this previously, seriously, save yourself the hassle and leave it out. The property market has a very public image and has an impact on every person, whether they be a home owner, a tenant, a professional landlord or an investor and discussion of illegal practices, or other activities damaging to the discussion in this forum does none of its members any good and is prohibited.

Members looking for information on, ways to, or advocating work arounds on property or tax law or other illegal or morally dubious practices will be banned.

A good rule of thumb for posting on internet forums is that you should not post anything that you would be unhappy seeing on the front page of a newspaper alongside your real name, address etc. Internet users, despite having "usernames", are not anonymous!

The moderation from my experience is focused in the wrong direction as they are more concerned with issues that affect them rather than content of posts.

People come to A&P forum for advice and don't need to be made feel worthless nor have to read through comment after comment of how to circumvent the law.

Please tidy up the forum. Point being if I say backseat moderate a moderator will pounce instantly, but someone talking about circumventing the law will have a post remain.

I feel the moderation isn't balanced. I'm guessing with the rental crisis there is a lot of anger so perhaps the forum needs an increase in moderation.

Or perhaps could the forum be split for tenants and landlords as the unprovoked ire towards tenants is very upsetting.

Thanks

*perhaps i have this in the wrong section, I'm new and trying to find my way around. Thanks

Also, I love the Talk to section could the RTB/Threshold be added to that? That would be brilliant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement