Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online PIN

Options
  • 02-05-2017 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, 
    With my 6 digit PIN code for Online banking, i inputted the PIN incorrectly and i was advised that i have 1 attempt remaining. Can you advise what happens if i make a mistake again? I'd assume i would be locked out but i can't find anywhere on your website advising what happens and how i could unlock?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Username Taken, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

If after your last attempt is made incorrectly, your details would be locked for security. To unlock your details at the point, you'd need to call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / +35314044000 where a representative will be more than happy to help you with this. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Username taken

If after your last attempt is made incorrectly, your details would be locked for security. To unlock your details at the point, you'd need to call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / +35314044000 where a representative will be more than happy to help you with this. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine,

If this situation does arise and i was to call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / +35314044000, can it be unlocked immediately or is there a specific timeframe?

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine,

If this situation does arise and i was to call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / +35314044000, can it be unlocked immediately or is there a specific timeframe?
    Hi Username Taken, 

When you call a representative will verify your details and can then reset this pin for you. Please ensure to have your account details and Visa Debit card to hand. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Username taken

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine,

Hi Username Taken, 

When you call a representative will verify your details and can then reset this pin for you. Please ensure to have your account details and Visa Debit card to hand. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine!

You're very welcome, 

Glad to help and have a lovely day. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement
Advertisement