Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Bank let me down today

Options
  • 02-05-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I called to BOI today hoping to swap an old Five Pound Sterling Note for a new one as the old notes go out of circulation this week. I was told they do not swap notes. I asked "even if it's a BOI note"? The response was we didn't issue it. It was then suggested "if you happen to be over there in the next few days you can swap it in a bank for a new one". I said I wouldn't be over there in the next few days. I was then given the option to change it to euro. Having no other option as the note is going out of circulation I agreed. This transaction cost me 1.25 and I ended up with 4.54 euro for my 5 pound sterling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

You must have just met someone awkward
    I recently exchanged NI sterling notes for English sterling notes in my local BOI branch, they were Bank of I NI sterling notes, no questions asked, had been expecting some questions or proving I had account with them but nothing
    Unless they just didn't happen to have the new notes in the branch, you'd assume though they would have just said call back when they got them in

• Registered Users Posts: 23 amazonwomen

Yes I would have expected it was a simple transaction. That's why I was surprised at the outcome. I was also trying to swap a N Ireland tenner for an English one. No he said "we don't swap notes"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

I called to BOI today hoping to swap an old Five Pound Sterling Note for a new one as the old notes go out of circulation this week.  I was told they do not swap notes. I asked "even if it's a BOI note"? The response was we didn't issue it. It was then suggested  "if you happen to be over there in the next few days you can swap it in a bank for a new one".  I said I wouldn't be over there in the next few days.  I was then given the option to change it to euro.  Having no other option as the note is going out of circulation I agreed. This transaction cost me 1.25 and I ended up with 4.54 euro for my 5 pound sterling.
    Hi amazonwomen, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

We're sorry to hear this and we'll certainly forward your comments here. If you would like to let us know the branch you called into in a private message we will forward your feedback. 

If we can help you with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

I called to BOI today hoping to swap an old Five Pound Sterling Note for a new one as the old notes go out of circulation this week.  I was told they do not swap notes. I asked "even if it's a BOI note"? The response was we didn't issue it. It was then suggested  "if you happen to be over there in the next few days you can swap it in a bank for a new one".  I said I wouldn't be over there in the next few days.  I was then given the option to change it to euro.  Having no other option as the note is going out of circulation I agreed. This transaction cost me 1.25 and I ended up with 4.54 euro for my 5 pound sterling.
    Hi amazonwomen, 

We're sorry to hear this and we'll certainly forward your comments here. If you would like to let us know the branch you called into in a private message we will forward your feedback. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I have PM'd BANK of Ireland as your name is not coming up on the options 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi amazonwomen, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I have PM'd BANK of Ireland as your name is not coming up on the options 
    Hi amazonwomen, 

If you can please click on the link in my signature to send the private message, or enter the profile "Bank of Ireland reps" when sending it as we will not receive the one you've sent previously. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

I am unable to Pm you see the attached.  judging by recent conversations regarding this issue I believe this should not have happened.  I would like to take this further so maybe you can let me know who I should contact. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

I am unable to Pm you see the attached.  judging by recent conversations regarding this issue I believe this should not have happened.  I would like to take this further so maybe you can let me know who I should contact. 
    Hi amazonwomen, I'll PM you directly now and you'll be able to reply to that PM. Alternatively, if you click the link in my signature you'll be able to send a PM.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement