Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best small business bank acc?

Options
  • 02-05-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi folks.

I am looking to open a business bank account for a very small new dog walking startup and looking for recommendations. I am currently with AIB, and have been since getting my first job 15 years ago. Just wondering if there is anywhere that people find more suitable.
    Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'd speak with AIB, BOI, Ulster Bank and PTSB regarding accounts to see what fees would be involved. I'd always be interested in seeing how easy each account is to manage with respect to online banking and phone support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 CatchingDreams

kimmyt1987 wrote: »
    Hi folks.

I am looking to open a business bank account for a very small new dog walking startup and looking for recommendations. I am currently with AIB, and have been since getting my first job 15 years ago. Just wondering if there is anywhere that people find more suitable.

Aib do a business start-up account no bank fees for 2 years I use BOI for personal account I didn't like what they offered for new business

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Aib do a business start-up account no bank fees for 2 years I use BOI for personal account I didn't like what they offered for new business

If you are using Internet business banking (IBB) with an AIB business account and you are near the end of the 2 year offer than it is worth looking into the new IB banking that they recently introduced. There is no charge involved unlike the IBB account that costs €250 per year and it is a simpler interface to use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I set up a business account with BoI earlier in the year. I wouldn't recommend them. They offer 2yrs free fees, a free website and a 1hr meeting with an accountant or solicitor.

I discovered that no more than 10 other BoI customers can set you up as a payee per month. Once 10 people have, everyone else is blocked for 30 days which is incredibly frustrating and embarrassing.

My account was opened at the end of Feb, it's now the middle of May and I'm still waiting for my free website to go live. Also when you look at the website of the company doing the websites, they have some really nice sites on their website as examples of what they do and it's not until you sign up that you discover you get a one page website.

The online banking is very hit and miss, with transactions appearing and disappearing and double posting until they finally post correctly.

So overall, I wouldn't recommend BoI for business banking and would change banks myself if it wasn't so much hassle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Boarder81

I'd recommend BOI at Grand Canal Dock. They've provide good service to my company, and it can be used as a hot desking hub (free wifi, coffee etc) when starting up to reduce overheads. There 365online system also works well with Xero accountancy software

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

kimmyt1987 wrote: »
    Hi folks.

It's not obligatory to open a business account. You could simply open a separate personal account and use that for all your business banking purposes. Far cheaper :) Unless you're specifically wanting some "add on" that a business account would provide of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

It's not obligatory to open a business account. You could simply open a separate personal account and use that for all your business banking purposes. Far cheaper :) Unless you're specifically wanting some "add on" that a business account would provide of course.

If you ever decide to look for a business loan you will need a business account

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭nerrad01

ulster bank offer this too

Advertisement