Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questing regarding car on UK plates

Options
  • 02-05-2017 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm looking to buy a car shortly, which is currently on UK plates. I'll be importing it straight away, is it ok that the car will be on UK plates for a few weeks from the date the policy goes active? I have a quote that's valid until Thursday which hopefully is the day I get the car.

Also, I have 1 years NCB as a named driver from February 2016-2017. That policy was renewed and is currently still active, do I need to get documentation from that Insurer to confirm I have no claims from February till now? Or is just the 1 years NCB fine?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Hey, I'm looking to buy a car shortly, which is currently on UK plates. I'll be importing it straight away, is it ok that the car will be on UK plates for a few weeks from the date the policy goes active? I have a quote that's valid until Thursday which hopefully is the day I get the car.

Also, I have 1 years NCB as a named driver from February 2016-2017. That policy was renewed and is currently still active, do I need to get documentation from that Insurer to confirm I have no claims from February till now? Or is just the 1 years NCB fine?
    Hi IrishGrimReaper

We do insure cars with UK registration numbers. You would though have to provide us with a valid Republic of Ireland registration number within fourteen days of starting cover. Your letter confirming your Named Driving Experience would have to state that you have been covered as a named driver accident and claim free for one full year. If you completed your quote on our website please make sure that you entered that you have been driving claim free on someone else’s policy for one full year. If you have entered that you have a one year No Claims Discount this could affect your quote.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Seán    

Advertisement