Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordered FTTH but welcome email says there installing a landline

Options
  • 02-05-2017 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi
    i ordered FTTH on sunday putting down a afternoon install as a pref and after getting a welcome email  today which states there installing a Landline and that the install will be done in 2 appointments and that the first appointment is in the morning and then you will contact me again to arrange the second appointment ,whats the story i ordered fibre to the home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

hehehe welcome to the "crystal maze"…i mean Eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

yammagamma wrote: »
    Hi
    i ordered FTTH on sunday putting down a afternoon install as a pref and after getting a welcome email  today which states there installing a Landline and that the install will be done in 2 appointments and that the first appointment is in the morning and then you will contact me again to arrange the second appointment ,whats the story i ordered fibre to the home
    Hi yammagamma,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Two installations are required due to the amount of work that needs to be carried out.

You landline needs to be installed first and when this becomes active it can then be tested and another installation can then be carried out for FTTH.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yammagamma

eir: Anna wrote: »
    yammagamma wrote: »
    Hi
    Hi yammagamma,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Two installations are required due to the amount of work that needs to be carried out.

You landline needs to be installed first and when this becomes active it can then be tested and another installation can then be carried out for FTTH.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Anna,
    as your on here as support for your products your company is selling should you not understand the products.. FTTH has nothing to do with a "landlines or phonelines,,

think i will just cancel my order 

I'm sorry you feel this way yammagamma, however, if you have ordered a landline and ftth the installation for your landline needs to be carried out first.

If you would like me to look into this further please feel free to PM me your full name and account number and I would be more than happy to assist you with this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Hello Anna,
    I have 2 questions in relation to this post..

If a landline has never been connected to a home how is a line speed test done?
    I'm being told a 7mbs is available to me while my neighbors are all getting FTTH up to 150mb…my houses' landline was never connected so am i right in thinking that until that line is connected they actually can't give an accurate line speed.

Also what about in the case of when ftth is available. No phone line is required in this instance physically.
    Why connect a house with a copper phone line when it's only going to be the fibre line that gets used?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Is it possible to order FTTH and not have a landline?  I used to have FTTC/eFibre with no landline.

Hi Red Alert,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, it is possible to have no landline when ordering fibre, however, if you have placed an order for a landline and fibre broadband, the line is usually required to be fitted first.

All installations can differ depending on the work needed to be carried out by the technician when going into your home.

Thanks,
    Anna

Can you get back to me on my 2 queries above please Anna...

"Yes, it is possible to have no landline when ordering fibre"

What would one need to say to the sales team to have FTTH connected WITHOUT a phone line being installed?

guideanna wrote: »
    Hello Anna,
    I have 2 questions in relation to this post..

If a landline has never been connected to a home how is a line speed test done?
    I'm being told a 7mbs is available to me while my neighbors are all getting FTTH up to 150mb…my houses' landline was never connected so am i right in thinking that until that line is connected they actually can't give an accurate line speed.

Also what about in the case of when ftth is available. No phone line is required in this instance physically.
    Why connect a house with a copper phone line when it's only going to be the fibre line that gets used?
    As advised in our previous posts, you are not required to have a telephone line to avail of the service.

In your particular case, your speeds are based on your eircode on our systems as you have not ordered a telephone line, this would be a completely different installation to yours.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

"As advised in our previous posts, you are not required to have a telephone line to avail of the service."
    But why? Copper line is not used for Fibre broadband?

That is correct, you do not require a phone line to avail of the service as fibre to the home is run on fibre optic cabling running directly into your home and not a copper wire which a phone line would run off.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement