Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle Marathon/Half-Marathon 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Drdenise75

Drdenise75 wrote: »
    fin12 wrote: »
    I’m doing the half marathon this year, I did the Cork half marathon in 2013 at a time of 3 hours 15 mins. I walk in marathons, just wondering is there a time that they expect everyone doing the half marathon to be finished by? Cause I read there is buses to bring you back into Dingle so do they allow up to 4/5 hours to complete the race.[/quote

In the FAQ section of their website they state a 3 hour 30 min (gun time) cut off for the half.
    http://www.dinglemarathon.ie/faq.html
    You need to factor in that as a walker you won't be starting at the start line as the gun goes off (unless you want to be getting in the way pig the runners!) so your time will be behind the gun time

*of the runners ... predictive text... No pigs running as far as I'm aware!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Seannew1

This is a fantastic half-marathon; by far the best one I've ever done. Despite the rain last year, the organisation was brilliant and the atmosphere was really good. Not forgetting the excellent scenery and lovely medal and finisher's top!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

fin12 wrote: »
    I’m doing the half marathon this year, I did the Cork half marathon in 2013 at a time of 3 hours 15 mins. I walk in marathons, just wondering is there a time that they expect everyone doing the half marathon to be finished by? Cause I read there is buses to bring you back into Dingle so do they allow up to 4/5 hours to complete the race.[/quote

In the FAQ section of their website they state a 3 hour 30 min (gun time) cut off for the half.
    http://www.dinglemarathon.ie/faq.html
    You need to factor in that as a walker you won't be starting at the start line as the gun goes off (unless you want to be getting in the way pig the runners!) so your time will be behind the gun time

Thanks it will be pretty tight so to finish. Is the course quite hilly?

It’s just the Cork course if I remember was pretty flat, any tips for walking faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Drdenise75

There are two steepish hills on the half course around mie 7 and mile 11 if I remember correctly. It is a lovely route overall. Would you try maybe breaking into a jog every now and then to pick up your pace? That would give you a bit of breathing room time wise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There are two steepish hills on the half course around mie 7 and mile 11 if I remember correctly. It is a lovely route overall. Would you try maybe breaking into a jog every now and then to pick up your pace? That would give you a bit of breathing room time wise

Thanks, I’ll probably have to jog a bit to be honest because I’m a bit worried about the cut off time. My hands really started to swell the last time I did the half marathon and were quite sore.

Cause the longest I walk is usually a hour n a half so my body wouldn’t be used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭liamjames1

Hi All,

First time looking to do dingle half and didn’t realize it sells out so quickly.

Unfortunately it was closed when I went to sign up but I have added my name to the waiting list. Not sure if cancellations have to go directly through the site but If anyone hears of any spots going it would be appreciated

Thanks

Advertisement