Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre availability

Options
  • 02-05-2017 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Just wondering about fibre availability for my home. I live in pallaskenry county limerick and it says on the eir website that its available now in the village but when I put in my eircode it says not available

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi shotgundivorce,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid fibre is subject to availability and is not guaranteed to every customer, however, fibre to the home (FTTH) is due to go live in this are from Winter 2018 with speeds of up to 1000MB/s.

You can view all up to date information for the rollout plan here.

I would recommend registering your details here and you will be notified when the service becomes available in the area.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shotgundivorce

On the site showing the plans for fibre to the home the line doesn't go past my house. It goes through a field across the road and joins my road 300 meters away bypassing mine and my neighbours houses completely.  Will I be able to get it when it comes online or are my neighbours and I going to be stuck with the slow speeds we have now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

The lines are used for illustration purposes mainly and do not guarantee where service will be.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to test your line at this time as the service is not yet available to your area.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement