Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Geography - Topics to Study?

Options
  • 02-05-2017 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

just looking for some advice on narrowing down the course. What do I need to know or regional?
    I'm also doing Geoecology - what do I need to know for soil and biomes?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

SgtLeprosy wrote: »
    Hi,

just looking for some advice on narrowing down the course. What do I need to know or regional?
    I'm also doing Geoecology - what do I need to know for soil and biomes?

Thanks

Regional I might expect something on the EU, your subcontinent will always come up and then know your core and peripheral in Ireland and Europe. I would look at secondary and tertiary activities here.

Your elective, depends on the one you are doing.

Soils you need to know everything from composition, regional examples, horizons and human impacts. Biomes, Brazil is the easiest one to do with the Amazon so again looking at what the biome is and it's set up. Human impacts and revival scheme. Mention it as the lungs of the planet, go through different layers of rainforest, what lives there, what grows there.

Also diagrams.

I love as a corrector when they are coloured in :)

Advertisement