Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which would you go for...?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Does Lenovo, still come packed with bloatware n junk?

For the uses you are describing you could get a very decent machine for half of what those cost or a just a bit more than half. i5 plenty of ram and a ssd and you'd be looking at a decent one

Something not to over look is the quality of the keyboard , spacing and layout is very important if she's doing a lot of typing. I use my wife's HP one from time to time and it's an absolute nightmare to type any more than a google search on let alone do it accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Do not buy the Surface with 4GB ram. Its soldered, cant be changed, devalues the unit and is an option they shouldnt even offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Soldered RAM aside I'd go with the Surface. The Pro 3 was slated for poor build quality but the 2 and the 4 are excellent. I have a Pro 2 that gets rattled around my FSE kit bag with other bits and pieces and has survived well. Feels sturdy and nice screen.

I've seen the Lenovo and didn't think much of it, cheap and nasty. You get what you pay for has always been my moto.

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

The lenovo would be a better unit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement