Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biochem

• 02-05-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Just wondering if anyone is studying/has studied BioChem in UCC and is able to enlighten me with regard to the course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 darash

Studying Biological and Chemical Sciences, just finished 1st year. I did a lot of chemistry in first year as I wasn't sure last year if I wanted to continue with a chemistry route or biology route in 2nd year. However, I know now I want to continue on the biology route. I wasn't that keen on chemistry even though it is my best subject. Course also includes Calculus for maths and physics. I didn't do physics for my leaving but I must say I really enjoyed it. I had to study hard and I attended all tutorials but it is doable if you like science in general. I did higher level maths (c1), chemistry(a1) and biology(b1) for my leaving cert. This course is real science and is hard enough, but if you enjoy all aspects of science and are not sure what route to go down, this is the course for you.

I just finished summer exams and found them ok, I'm thinking of going down the microbiology or biotech route. But it will prob depend on my results.

It was 490 points last year, I got 500 and was one of the lower pointers in the group, but I had good science results which stood to me. Hope this helps.

Advertisement