Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance address Dublin

Options
  • 02-05-2017 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I am renting a room in a house in Loughlinstown. I had my address as Dublin 18 as I thought thats what it was. My policy came in for renewal today. The owner of the house told me that Loughlinstown is actually County Dublin. My exact same details with the last bit changed to Co. Dublin adds €400!!!!! Does this mean my car has not been insured all last 12 months?? When you google Loughlinstown, it seems lots of properties on daft are advertised as D18. Unfortunately eircode states it as Co. Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

bs2014 wrote: »
    I am renting a room in a house in Loughlinstown. I had my address as Dublin 18 as I thought thats what it was. My policy came in for renewal today. The owner of the house told me that Loughlinstown is actually County Dublin. My exact same details with the last bit changed to Co. Dublin adds €400!!!!! Does this mean my car has not been insured all last 12 months?? When you google Loughlinstown, it seems lots of properties on daft are advertised as D18. Unfortunately eircode states it as Co. Dublin

It is an underwriting consideration that was misrepresented to your insurer which, even if accidental, could affect any claim.

My son's insurance went up by 70% by moving from Dublin 14 to Dublin 15

Advertisement