Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm going off on Europlex Signet 200

Options
  • 02-05-2017 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

I've a Europlex Signet 200 (now Vanderbilt) house alarm which is going off regularly (but not always) for no apparent reason. I have the SPC Connect App so I can see the System log. When it goes off it logs 'Zone 1 - Front door Unstable'. Front door seems stable to me though!

Has anyone any ideas how I can fix this or explain how I might diagnose the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Fist thing to look at is the connections and the wiring. Is this a direct run or is it feeding other devices or going through junctions etc?
    Is it just a contact or is there a inertia sensor also? If so try disconnect the sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭kaymin

KoolKid wrote: »
    Fist thing to look at is the connections and the wiring. Is this a direct run or is it feeding other devices or going through junctions etc?
    Is it just a contact or is there a inertia sensor also? If so try disconnect the sensor.

Hi yes, I believe its an inertia sensor. Wiring seems to be connected fine. See pictures attached.

I'm not sure whether its a direct run or whether its feeding other devices etc.

I'll try disconnect the sensor and see what happens.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That is a magnetic contact. Try disconnecting that & join the red & black together and see if the fault clears.
    Also still check if there is anything else on that cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

kaymin wrote: »
    Hi yes, I believe its an inertia sensor. Wiring seems to be connected fine. See pictures attached.

I'm not sure whether its a direct run or whether its feeding other devices etc.

I'll try disconnect the sensor and see what happens.

Thanks

If that is all that is fitted its a contact, not an inertia.
    If you keep getting the fault on that zone, more than likely the device needs to be replaced.
    If you only have one entry point on zone 1 then that is the issue.

Advertisement