Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Not Employed

• 03-05-2017 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey all
    can i apply for a credit card whilst i have no employment ?? or os there a online facility that i can link to my current account with same limits as a credit card
    if you have enough money in the current account (im looking to spend about 8000 euro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

It's unlikely that a bank will give you a credit card as the main criteria for one is the ability to pay it back. You could get a prepaid credit card were you can only spend money you lodge to the card first. Also many places will accept a debit card instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Alfaboard

hey all
    is there any bank in ireland or abroad(apply from ireland??) that offer a secured credit card where you give the bank say 20000 euro and then you receive a credit card with that amount

or is there a recommendation for any solicitors that can aquire me a credit card with no employment ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,079 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any particular reason why you need one that a debit card wouldn't be able to be used for instead, car rental is the only thing that comes to mind and there's providers who will accept debit cards. If you want a loan get one from a credit union at a much cheaper rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got rid of my credit card purely because I do not use it. I use my debit card for nearly everything. The only time I use a credit card if for one Dublin Hotel and I use a prepaid credit card for that.

Advertisement