Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH

Options
  • 03-05-2017 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Hi, placed order for FTTH last week (no order confirmation number provided on line or by email)

Eir rang me twice in last week since placing order online (all good) Once to request that I email evidence of address and when I emailed they rang to confirm UAN number (all good).

Rang this morning (go live exchange day) to follow up on order and try to get confirmed installation date (so I can arrange to be there) and they say no record of it on system?

Please advise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi  Peppa Cig,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Were you given any order details when you were contacted?

If so, can you please PM me the details you received, your full name and address and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi  Peppa Cig,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Were you given any order details when you were contacted?

If so, can you please PM me the details you received, your full name and address and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

PM sent, thanks

Thanks for that Peppa Cig.

I will be in touch with you through PM.

Thanks,
    Anna

Order has been successfully processed.
    Thanks for your help Anna

I'm delighted to hear this :D

Please feel free to get back in touch to let us know how you get on :)

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

I'm delighted to hear this :D

Please feel free to get back in touch to let us know how you get on :)

Thanks,
    Anna

As requested.

Got on really badly. A painful process.

Took a day off work yesterday for FTTH install. Only telephone line activated as Technicians had no order for FTTH at my address.

Spent an hour into eir yesterday getting cut off twice

I'm informed that the FTTH part of my bundle order has not been correctly processed by eir.

So disappointed.

With landline in use and eir mobile in use (as part of this bundle) I guess it may be problematic to cancel this online order and go to Digiweb.

The absolute primary reason for bundle order was FTTH element. Eir Talk and Eir mobile were secondary add ons.
    And I am still without a confirmed FTTH order/install date despite being told on phone that I have.

Eir due to call today with update......

So disappointed with time and hardship this "simple" order is causing me.

I am truly sorry to hear this.

I will follow this up again for you now ad will be in touch through PM's with an update for you.

-Anna

I will follow this up again for you now and will be in touch through PM's with an update for you.

-Anna

I will follow this up again for you now and will be in touch through PM's with an update for you.

-Anna

Good morning,

Any update on this?

Hi Peppa Cig,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Our wholesale team have advised me your landline has not yet come back completed. Until this is done a new appointment date cannot generate.

He advised me this should happen by tomorrow and you will then be notified on your new appointment date.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

-Anna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Hi Peppa Cig,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Our wholesale team have advised me your landline has not yet come back completed. Until this is done a new appointment date cannot generate.

He advised me this should happen by tomorrow and you will then be notified on your new appointment date.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

-Anna
    Why do you wait for the landline to come back as completed when its completely unrelated to the FTTH. Some people have posted about having the FTTH installed in premises without any physical landline (after lots of hassle ofc) so it is completely unlinked yet Eir seem convinced otherwise and are causing trouble for lots of customers over this. The Rural FTTH thread is full of complaints of peoples installations being delayed for extremely long times over landline issues even though they only ordered FTTH broadband and have the cable already at their house. Makes zero sense. I guess the Eir professionals cannot separate their FTTC system from FTTH so everyone requires a positive landline test.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and I bet it goes on for a long time. From Peppa cigs latest posts it seems they still don't have it installed 9 days later.

I've had 3 different reps tell me 3 different things regarding the landline. One said its not needed, another needed, another said its needed only to pull the fibre cable in but doesn't need to be activated. In other words nobody knows what is going on. I haven't even got to ordering it yet I'm so confused with different info being thrown my way and don't know what to order to avoid unnecessary delays. My phone line is currently deactivated, was going to get the phone bundle but not if its going to cause this...and even then I've heard from people ordering standalone broadband only and then having KN come out and try install a landline because Eir told them to.

ps, sorry for hijacking thread.

Hi spix,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If an order has been placed for both a landline and FTTH this is carried out with two different installations as the work is too much for one installation.

If you have any further queries, please let us know and we would be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement