Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone fibre speed halved

Options
  • 03-05-2017 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I had a problem last week where my upload speed was non-existent for the weekend. After it was fixed I have noticed my download/upload speed had been halved. Currently I can get only 15 down and 3 up. Before last week I was getting 24 down and just over 5 up.
    I rang Vodafone and spent about 20 minutes trying to explain that for the past 3 years my speed was 24/5. Whatever tech person I got she said the system would not give her the option to up my profile, and there was nothing more she could do end of story!! My line stats are below. Looking at these they should be able to put me back onto 25/5.

Has something changed since last week that they are unable to put me back onto the higher profile? Should I ring them again and try another tech person who may be able to up my profile?

416298.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When her "computer says no" its correct. Your upstream has an issue.

Were you one of the first in your area to be connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dominoman

ED E wrote: »
    When her "computer says no" its correct. Your upstream has an issue.

Which upstream the SNR or the line attenuation? I know 3 years ago they were 9.7 for SNR and 9.9 for line attenuation. Why would they have changed since last week as I have not changed anything. Is there anything I can do to improve it? (should they be lower or higher?)
    ED E wrote: »
    Were you one of the first in your area to be connected?

No Idea my speeds were fine for 3 years until the upload problem last week.

Upload problem last week: Network side. Not related directly.

Timeline:
    FTTC goes live in your area
    Line is prequalled (rated)
    You get setup
    Line is prequalled for a lower value
    You call tech support
    They make a change using the revised maximum

Basically your profile was higher than the maximum for several months or years. Because nothing was changed you weren't forced down.

Upstream SNR is barely hanging on. Attainables are ok but if they were true the SNR would be more like 12dB (each 3dB is 2x stronger).

If there's anything suboptimal in your house (on an extension from MDP, old phone handsets, alarm) you may be able to improve things and await the next re-rating. Otherwise thats where you're at.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Vodafone's stellar few weeks of awful speeds continues unabated tonight.

On a fttc service and generally get about 14 down 3 up

6271643129.png

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Hi Guys,

My speed it getting slower and slower and just hit 4mbps down and 2mbps up.
    Did you contact vodafone on this maybe? It used to be fast - around 40mbps but I am getting slow values all the time.

Thanks

• Advertisement

iwo wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

My speed it getting slower and slower and just hit 4mbps down and 2mbps up.
    Did you contact vodafone on this maybe? It used to be fast - around 40mbps but I am getting slow values all the time.

Thanks

Start your own thread and add the details dominoman did above, then we can advise.

Advertisement