Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dbpackers

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue I have encountered today, it's kinda the opposite of the issues described above.

I have 2 Now TV boxes, both UK boxes. A white one from the early days and the 2nd Gen one in black. I have been using them for several years now, since the UK launch. Around the time of the Irish launce I experienced the issues mentioned in the earlier posts - being redirected to the Irish Now TV address when trying to log into my account and geo-restriction messages when using the boxes. At the time I created an Irish Now TV account, using a different email address and details. I was able to sign up to, and subsequently cancel, the entertainment and movies.

The issue with the boxes resolved itself and I'm using them no problem again, accessing UK servers and getting the UK Sky Sports line-up. And the login issue was resolved by logging in via my work laptop's corporate VPN which connects to the internet via the UK. For a period I was thus able to access UK Now TV via my work laptop and the UK boxes and Irish Now TV via my personal PC and Mobile App.

Today I tried to log into my Irish Now TV account via a non-work laptop, i.e. using an Irish internet connection. But for some reason it connected me to the UK and asked me to enter payment details and a UK address, despite my already having set up this account with payment details and an Irish address. Similarly I was able to log into my UK Now TV account without using my corporate VPN access to the UK.

In other words, today I don't seem to be able to access the nowtv.com/ie address at all!

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Liberal_irony

Is walking dead gone already?Theyre still advertising all 7 seasons!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

If the show wasn’t made by Sky - particularly the HBO/Showtime stuff - it tends to disappear from Sky On Demand (and hence also Now TV) after only a short period. Seems they’d prefer you to watch on the linear channels (and to be fair, they are primarily a linear broadcaster and earn money from advertising, which Netflix doesn’t sell).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Walking dead is on one of now tv’s live channels though- fox

I’m currently winding my way through Banshee (great programme) and have until nov 7th on now tv to finish
    Each series episode states how long it’s there for

My biggest gripe with now tv is that despite the Roku box having the capability,there is no 5.1 Dolby digital sound
    Just 2 channel Dolby pro logic

Other than that it’s fine and the remote app is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Is walking dead gone already?Theyre still advertising all 7 seasons!

Season 5 and 6 is on Amazon if that helps.

I’m currently winding my way through Banshee (great programme) and have until nov 7th on now tv to finish

My biggest gripe with now tv is that despite the Roku box having the capability,there is no 5.1 Dolby digital sound

You're getting scammed compared to the UK version, bear in mind.

My issue is that they're still advertising them as available to watch. Can't see how they're allowed get away with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

My issue is that they're still advertising them as available to watch. Can't see how they're allowed get away with that

Uhm..,they’re still on it and available until November 21st
    Just checked there now
    All 7 series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I have a uk voucher for 50% off sports for 1 month. Must be applied this month so no use to me. First come first served.

NOWKMFET6VHRXP

PLEASE POST IF HERE IF USED. it works once only so it will be no good for anyone else. Save them the bother of checking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Can anyone tell me, if RTE is available live on a now TV box, entertainment pass?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Can anyone tell me if I buy an Entertainment pass on ebay.co.uk (presumably a "UK" pass) will it work on my Irish NowTV account with a NowTV box? I've used up my free trial, and a one months Entertainment/Cinemas pass that came with a games console, but not will to pay €15 per for the entertainment pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

quenching wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I buy an Entertainment pass on ebay.co.uk (presumably a "UK" pass) will it work on my Irish NowTV account with a NowTV box? I've used up my free trial, and a one months Entertainment/Cinemas pass that came with a games console, but not will to pay €15 per for the entertainment pass.

No it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Gyus , a quickie ,

I wanna watch sky sports tonight , do i need a now tv to avail of the now tv day pass??. I don't even know what a now tv is tbh. If i fill out the payment page will it turn Sky sport on my shy box which i can then view throught my regular TV?

Burty330 wrote: »
    Gyus , a quickie ,

I wanna watch sky sports tonight , do i need a now tv to avail of the now tv day pass??. I don't even know what a now tv is tbh. If i fill out the payment page will it turn Sky sport on my shy box which i can then view throught my regular TV?

You'll need to download the app on either androd or apple. Or view via the now tv website. You won't be able to watch on a skybox but most smart tvs have a now tv app as well as ps4 (dont know about xbox)

You'll need to download the app on either androd or apple. Or view via the now tv website. You won't be able to watch on a skybox but most smart tvs have a now tv app as well as ps4 (dont know about xbox)

I see , i thought it turned sky sports on for 24 hours through your sky box. I have a smart tv , but can't find any app on it.

Is there an option to cast it to my tv if i watch from the website?

Burty330 wrote: »
    I see , i thought it turned sky sports on for 24 hours through your sky box. I have a smart tv , but can't find any app on it.

Is there an option to cast it to my tv if i watch from the website?

Supprts Chromecast i think. I downloaded it from the LG TV app store, might be something similar?

• Advertisement

Supprts Chromecast i think. I downloaded it from the LG TV app store, might be something similar?
    Looking into it , thanks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Out of interest is tv3 player in the LG app store?

Thanks

What is the picture quality like.
    I am streaming BT sports on my lg tv at the moment. Picture is quite good but seems to suffer from lag. Normal tv channels are fine so it must be a streaming issue.

I was watching a hurling match on eir sports last week and the sliotar was like an asteroid on the screen.

Now TV should at least be offering a free trial period for the sports if they are to gain any traction.

You have no way of knowing if the stream will even work before you sign up.

I can't see great value in their packages except the weekly one where you might get a busy sports weekend.

I wouldn't mind trying it for the Masters Golf especially if BBC aren't showing the last 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kittytwister

Considering joining now tv. Living in ROI but have an Apple TV box on a uk iTunes account as I want to use Siri. Can I sign up to uk version of Now tv it’s much cheaper, interested in entertainment pass only. Don’t have vpn on Apple TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

So I made the stupid decision to buy a NowTV box on ebay, not realising that it was country specific. An hour onto technical support trying to figure why it's not working before we realised. Where's the cheapest place to pick up a NowTV box in Ireland? Have already signed up for two months entertainment so might aswell take the hit and buy one now!

• Advertisement

Now TV should at least be offering a free trial period for the sports if they are to gain any traction.

You have no way of knowing if the stream will even work before you sign up.

I can't see great value in their packages except the weekly one where you might get a busy sports weekend.

I wouldn't mind trying it for the Masters Golf especially if BBC aren't showing the last 2 days.

I used this to stream the rugby on Sky Sports at the weekend. I have the now tv app on my LG tv. The picture was very good. I would say it was close to hd. I know some in the past said it was only 720p but it looked better than that. No buffering or any issues. I bought a weekly pass for €15.
    I'll definitely use it in future.

Only issue was I couldn't log into the now tv app on the tv and just ended up chromecasting it.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Where's the cheapest place to pick up a NowTV box in Ireland? Have already signed up for two months entertainment so might aswell take the hit and buy one now!

I think their website is cheapest for €25. The box is €40 in Harvey Norman, Curry's etc.

Has anyone an idea how to log into the now tv app on LG tv. All I get when I launch the app is a film/tv series background screen with 2 buttons - one says 'close' and the other says 'get your pass at: nowtv.com/ie/LG'.

Neither button lets you click on it. I already have an account set up with a sports pass.
    Do I have to do something on the app or a browser page to set it up.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

So I made the stupid decision to buy a NowTV box on ebay, not realising that it was country specific. An hour onto technical support trying to figure why it's not working before we realised. Where's the cheapest place to pick up a NowTV box in Ireland? Have already signed up for two months entertainment so might aswell take the hit and buy one now!

€27 in argos with 2 moth pass

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7367870/Trail/searchtext%3ENOW+TV.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7369380/Trail/searchtext%3ENOW+TV.htm

Contacted now tv. Turns out they don't support the tv even though the app is on it. What a load of nonsense. I won't be buying their box. I will just chromecast it. The tv is a 2017 model so people need to be careful buying these tvs.

I got an email there saying that Now TV now offers free roaming of the service in the EU.
    Potential to take a chromecast with you and use it abroad.

Contacted now tv. Turns out they don't support the tv even though the app is on it.
    That’s bollix, I’ve an LG TV and it’s working fine. It’d be nice to be able to pick from the phone but otherwise it’s grand

That’s bollix, I’ve an LG TV and it’s working fine. It’d be nice to be able to pick from the phone but otherwise it’s grand

It seems they only support certain lg tvs with the app. I couldn't log in to the app on mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

If I get a NOW TV box and a pass, can I watch different channels on the box + PS4 in another room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    If I get a NOW TV box and a pass, can I watch different channels on the box + PS4 in another room?

Yeah - you can have up to 4 devices on the account, and any two can be in use at any one time.

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »
    Yeah - you can have up to 4 devices on the account, and any two can be in use at any one time.

Super, thanks

Even though the link is com/ie it shows GB£ pricing is this correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

We returned from the UK.

I can't log into my NowTV UK account as it keeps going to the Irish version which is different.

TBH I was hoping as I couldn't use it that it was cancelled, my wife just spotted that they have been withdrawing money for months.

Any ideas how I cancel a UK account in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

Anyone else find nowtv a rip off. they do great offers for like 2-3 months but after that its just daylight robbery. I got a 3 month pass for just over 30 euro for sorts pack which was great value. after this is went up to like 30 something euro a month! All my mates were dead keen on it till they heard the prices. reckon it would take off like netflix if they got their pricing right. reckon 10 euro a month most people would just sign up .

If it was €20 p/m it would do very well.
    I am signed up for 2 months for that price. I don't really watch the Premier League so even that price is a bit much then. But I'd probably stay subscribed for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anyone else find nowtv a rip off. they do great offers for like 2-3 months but after that its just daylight robbery. I got a 3 month pass for just over 30 euro for sorts pack which was great value. after this is went up to like 30 something euro a month! All my mates were dead keen on it till they heard the prices. reckon it would take off like netflix if they got their pricing right. reckon 10 euro a month most people would just sign up .

Compare it to the UK price and it is most definitely a rip off in Ireland.

With a now tv Ireland account is there any way to use the now tv app on an lg tv? Or does it only allow uk account holders?

Would using revolut overcome this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

With a now tv Ireland account is there any way to use the now tv app on an lg tv? Or does it only allow uk account holders?

Would using revolut overcome this?

revolut? perhaps, interesting idea. or a VPN? i have one i use for netflix US works a treat when i want to use it.

But yeah if they had the uk prices i would just sign up like netflix and leave it signed up. tried to contact them to get a deal for 12 months but found it really hard to get in contact so gave up. Really liked having it for the F1 this year quality was really good. Also great for the rugby the quality compared to any of the irish channel is second to none even though it states they only do 720p res

Does anyone know if the sky ultimate boxsets are the same as the Now TV ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 abis1234

it is somebody with now tv stick , i want to check if you have irish ad on sky one .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

abis1234 wrote: »
    it is somebody with now tv stick , i want to check if you have irish ad on sky one .

It's the UK feed of all channels, UK ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 abis1234

thanks , so Now tv it isn,t localised on ROI , only work in the Ireland . BAD MANAGEMENT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

abis1234 wrote: »
    thanks , so Now tv it isn,t localised on ROI , only work in the Ireland . BAD MANAGEMENT

If you want to watch Irish ads that much, just watch RTE?

KildareP wrote: »
    It's the UK feed of all channels, UK ads.

Surely Sky Sports Premier League will be Irish ads as it would show the Saturday 3pm games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

lertsnim wrote: »
    Surely Sky Sports Premier League will be Irish ads as it would show the Saturday 3pm games.

Not sure, haven't bought the sports pass.

I will look at the guide for a 3PM kickoff and see whether it is there or not.

Sky 1, Fox, Discovery are definitely all the UK feed anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

The sports pass has Irish ads. It’s just getting a stream of the sky sports channels for the day, or week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Signed up to this for 3 months. I think it was €19 a month or something??

After one week I’ve cancelled it. Absolutely shocking - quality of the picture constantly dropping. Had it on the Xbox wired into the router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hey folks
    This mite sound silly but if you get now tv on your phone can you cast it to your tv ?
    Just want to get the entertainment package its 20 euro for 3 months ,which seems good

Hey folks
    This mite sound silly but if you get now tv on your phone can you cast it to your tv ?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Hi folks - never used Now TV before. We have Xbox1 - thinking of buying a day pass to watch the Man U Man City game tonight?

Is it easy to set up and any reason not to?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement