Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Global Village on Newstalk

• 03-05-2017 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

I don't think I've ever heard someone as smug and self-satisfied while constantly, *constantly* moaning and being perpetually offended about everything and anything as Dil Wickremasinghe.

Why would anyone listen to a show that seems to exist purely for Dil to lecture them about what bad people everyone is compared to her for a few hours? Why would Newstalk broadcast it?

Even her guests can't get a fcuking word in because unless they are talking about her, she isn't interested in what they have to say.

Maddening :mad:

Does anyone here listen to it? What's the appeal?

Comments

I make sure that I never turn on newstalk on Saturday evening for fear of hearing her voice. Every second story is "when I was a Lesbian in x place". Painful shyte with her only self-worth and stories seeming to derive from her triple-minority attributes. The programme must have to be on to fill some diversity quota - no other reason for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

glasso wrote: »
    I make sure that I never turn on newstalk on Saturday evening for fear of hearing her voice. Every second story is "when I was a Lesbian in x place". Painful shyte with her only self-worth and stories seeming to derive from her triple-minority attributes. The programme must have to be on to fill some diversity quota - no other reason for it.

She reminds me of a really bad students union head from the 90's - it's all self-promotion disguised as Oppression Olympics.

Basically she is in the "I am offended" business and must find something to be offended by every day. She is a troll. Ignore her.
    I'd love to see the listener-ship figures for that show - must be in the 3 figure range.
    Of course they are never published.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I've always enjoyed her shows.

Am guessing she gets a very different reaction in a male audience to a female audience though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

She makes my blood boil and a sudden urge to break the Radio and join a straight white male pride gang comes over me. She was on TV with Ray Darcy the other night applauding herself for bringing another father less child into the world just so she can wrap a rainbow flag around them on TV again. That's not what babies are for....Grrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

It's the music man, the music. What type of music is it? They should use it on combat soldiers on the front line. When I hear it it sends me into a rage and I want to kill people with my bare hands.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Thread closed for mod review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement