Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this bush?

Options
  • 03-05-2017 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭

Do we need a sticky for "Name this plant please?"
    I've had a look through the threads and couldn't find a specific thread, but did find lots of individual posts like mine.

This is a wall loving bush, spreads like mad, loads of red berries later in the year and has been covered in bees for the last few days.

qItAVXm.jpg

Tx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Looks like a cotoneaster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

It's a ground (or wall) cover cotoneaster - praecox maybe? Simple to grow and a lovely shrub but it attracts lots and lots of bees - something to bear in mind if you have small children or anyone who is allergic to bees etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭josip

lottpaul wrote: »
    It's a ground (or wall) cover cotoneaster - praecox maybe? Simple to grow and a lovely shrub but it attracts lots and lots of bees - something to bear in mind if you have small children or anyone who is allergic to bees etc.

Yes, we like it because of all the bees, We feel like we're doing out bit :)
    My father in law was a beekeeper so we're fairly bee friendly, even my son who's already been on the business end of a sting.
    He's sad because the bee died afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

It's​ Cotoneaster horizontalis of you want the exact variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We did have a single 'name this plant' thread for a while, but it slipped off the page and individual ones were posted. I think the single ones are better really as the questions get mixed up with comments and its easy to lose track of which answer belongs to which question. I enjoy the bit of a challenge to see if I can name the plant :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement