Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with scars from ingrown hairs!

Options
  • 03-05-2017 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone have any recommendations for removing scars from ingrown hairs..I use an epilator on my legs and get ingrown hairs, I use the waxperts pads but there's marks left on my legs which are disgusting in Summertime..might also have to give up the epilator..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I definitely would take hair over scars :(

Have you tried bio oil? Products for stretch marks and rose hip oil should also help scaring

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

thanks for reply..tried bio oil, aveeno any moisturising oil..nothing helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Have you tackled the actual ingrown hairs? As in, prevented more scars happening? There is a spray that they sell in brazilia and it is amazing for ingrown hairs. For pigmentation I reckon you'd need to exfoliate, neostrata do a glycolic lotion, maybe look into that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Give up the epilator and try waxing - worked so much better for me. I used to use an epilator as it was cheap and convenient but the ingrowns stopped me.

Also exfoliated your legs and a good AHA/BHA lotion should help the scars resolve. Palmers do one you can buy in Boots for about €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

thanks everyone for the advice..talking to a pharmacist today she said try glycolic lotion also..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Buy vitamin e capsules and burst them with a pin. Use the oil from the caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'd also add scrubby gloves from Penney's to the good advice given here.

Just to add that they may seem worse to you because you're aware of them but I guarantee most people won't notice so don't get too hung up on it, most people aren't blemish free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wafflepie

I have an awful problem with ingrown hairs too and as gross as it is I squish them out because they can become infected. I never used to have this problem but I was using an epilator too. I'm going to have laser done on my legs to remove the hairs. I've heard it can help with the scars too but I'll have to wait and see. I hope it does because my own legs are destroyed. And I would use a body scrub with scrubby gloves before I would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

crunchie1 wrote: »
    thanks everyone for the advice..talking to a pharmacist today she said try glycolic lotion also..

Hi crunchie, may I ask what the name or brand of the solution was?

Advertisement