Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB car insurance (AXA underwritten)

Options
  • 03-05-2017 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have my AIB Car Insurance (Axa) -coming up to a year, so renewal time soon. When I took it out, I had a provisional license and was insurance based on same factors.

I got my full awhile back. I never thought about it, but a friend told me recently, I could be due to a refund from the time that I got my full license issued?

any thoughts?

thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's unlikely they will do it in my opinion but you can mail/ring and ask.
    And with yearly increases in costs you probably won't see an improvement at renewal time either.

Sorry for being a wet blanket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NeilMcGrane

I'm currently a named driver on my parent's policy and had a learner permit when I started on that policy. I rang when I got my full licence and they gave me a €15 refund. So as biko has said, don't expect much or anything at all.

You should definitely ring and tell them you have your full licence now though, I'm not certain, but that could cause implications down the line if you ever had to make a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

It's unlikely they will do it in my opinion but you can mail/ring and ask. And with yearly increases in costs, you probably won't see an improvement at renewal time either.

Sorry for being a wet blanket
    I'm currently a named driver on my parent's policy and had a learner permit when I started on that policy. I rang when I got my full license and they gave me a €15 refund. So as biko has said, don't expect much or anything at all.

You should definitely ring and tell them you have your full license now though, I'm not certain, but that could cause implications down the line if you ever had to make a claim.

The refund might not be an option, however, it seems like my premium this year will be less than half the price it was last year! - Unless I am being really stupid and leaving something out.

Last years (Fully comp, provisional licence):

AIB.JPG

This year (Fully comp, Full license, with AIB):

AIB2017.JPG

This year (Fully comp, Full license, With AXA):

AXA.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That is great but it seems to be a bit of a lottery with how much the premium changes and for what reason.

Def having a full Irish licence is good but I have seen them asking now how long you have had the licence so that might have bearing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

biko wrote: »
    That is great but it seems to be a bit of a lottery with how much the premium changes and for what reason.

Def having a full Irish licence is good but I have seen them asking now how long you have had the licence so that might have bearing too.

Thinking about this now, it's probably due to the fact that i have recently turned 25 so im now passed that "young drivers" bracket. I also now have one years NCB.

Nice relief nonetheless.

Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement