Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terminating an account

Options
  • 03-05-2017 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,  I wish to ask you how to teminate my account from abroad and transfer my savings?
    Thank you for your reply

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

oldakk wrote: »
    Hi there,  I wish to ask you how to teminate my account from abroad and transfer my savings?
    Thank you for your reply
    Hi oldakk,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards and we're sorry to hear that you wish to close your account.

You can close your Current account with us through our website here.
    If you have a Savings account that you wish to close and this is added to view on 365 Online, you can request to close it by clicking on the "Withdraw Funds" button on the 365 Home page, this will allow you to withdraw the funds and then close the account.

If your Savings account is not available to view online, please post your request to your account holding branch. Please include your account number, name, signature, and contact number in the letter. Please also advise where you wish the funds to be transferred to by including the BIC and IBAN of the account you wish to send the funds to. If you wish to have the funds sent by bank draft, please advise who to make out the draft to. You can find the address details for your branch here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oldakk

Hi Sarah,  I wish to ask you how to transfer money online when my phone is not valid anymore and I am abroad.
    Thank you for your reply

Hi Sarah,  I wish to ask you how to transfer money online when my phone is not valid anymore and I am abroad.
    Thank you for your reply
    Hi oldakk, 

Thanks for your reply. 

To make a transfer online using 365 Online and you need to update your mobile number for security codes, please go to Manage Accounts then Update My Mobile for Security Codes option. You can then amend your mobile number and will receive the mobile activation code to your address on your account. Please see our Help section on our website here for more information on making a transfer using 365 Online. 

Thanks, 
    Sarah

Hi, thank you for your reply again, but the problem is my address registered is also old, and as I understood I can't verify one without the other. Is there another way?
    Thank you for your reply

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi, thank you for your reply again, but the problem is my address registered is also old, and as I understood I can't verify one without the other. Is there another way?
    Thank you for your reply

Cheers
    Hi oldakk,

If you don't have a valid mobile registered to receive security codes online, you will need to print and post a Change of Personal Details form to have your address updated. The form can be downloaded here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi Tara, sorry to bother you again,
    I send all documents needed to terminate my account within my branch in O'connell street. Afterwards I contact the customer service from abroad and nice lady called me back on the 24th of May. She confirmed my request saying that the outstanding balance should be transferred on my account abroad latest on Monday 29th of May. I still didn't receive it. The phone number I got from customer service representative directly to my branch unfortunately is not working. Please have you got any ideas for me how to solve this issue. Thank you, Rudolf

Hi Tara, sorry to bother you again,
    I send all documents needed to terminate my account within my branch in O'connell street. Afterwards I contact the customer service from abroad and nice lady called me back on the 24th of May. She confirmed my request saying that the outstanding balance should be transferred on my account abroad latest on Monday 29th of May. I still didn't receive it. The phone number I got from customer service representative directly to my branch unfortunately is not working. Please have you got any ideas for me how to solve this issue. Thank you, Rudolf
    Hi Rudolph,

Thanks for your reply.  

We're sorry to hear that you have not yet received the transfer from your old account. If you would like to send us a Private Message by clicking on the link in my signature below, with your name and contact number, we will ask the branch to follow up on this for you. Please also provide your account holding branch name in the private message.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement