Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(bad/rough) areas to avoid in Navan co meath??

Options
  • 03-05-2017 3:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1

heloo lovely people im new on the board its my first post. currently im living in limerick city but thinking about relocating to Navan Co. Meath.
    i would really appreciate if you guys could point out some of the rough/bad areas to avoid in Navan.
    thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Mod: I'm keeping a close eye on this one, no offensive replies and back up your points (no "X is a complete sh1thole" stuff).

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

When I was house hunting a few years ago I was looking around Navan. Not having been there for a few years I asked a few mates who have lived there for 20 plus years. The only place they said to avoid was the commons road. Still went to look at a house there. So glad I didn't buy. Absolute kip from what I saw, house was in total disrepair & when I got there the local kids offered to watch my car for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

When I was house hunting a few years ago I was looking around Navan. Not having been there for a few years I asked a few mates who have lived there for 20 plus years. The only place they said to avoid was the commons road. Still went to look at a house there. So glad I didn't buy. Absolute kip from what I saw, house was in total disrepair & when I got there the local kids offered to watch my car for €10.

10 euro, that's a pretty good deal!! When I was in the states in Janauary visiting my cousin the locals told me it was €50!! From the outside Commons road area doesn't look the best. I have been living here a few years now and even some of the so called nice areas have there bad element. I suggest OP to take a look around some of the estates, especially evening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Places to avoid are as follows:

Commons road, Claremont, Clogherboy. That whole area (justifiably) has a bad reputation.

To be honest most of the town is fine, but not without their issues. Athlumney is a lovely area but has had some issues with break-ins over the last number of years.

Slane road and Trim road are fairly good and the older estates (Silverlawns, Beaufort) have a big enough community.

Is it for you, or a family?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Herself lives in Townparks/Townspark(locals and google seem to differ)

Im with her 6 years and haven't seen much out of the ordinary, so whats so bad about commons road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

jeffk wrote: »
    Herself lives in Townparks/Townspark(locals and google seem to differ)

Im with her 6 years and haven't seen much out of the ordinary, so whats so bad about commons road?

Lived in Navan for most of my life, Commons road used to have a bit of a wild west rep but that's ancient history now, Claremont etc long settled quiet estates now, Clogherbouy still gets a bit of a reaction, probably more to do with the odd boarded up window, have many friends all round that area even though I grew up on the 'other' side of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

bladespin wrote: »
    Lived in Navan for most of my life, Commons road used to have a bit of a wild west rep but that's ancient history now, Claremont etc long settled quiet estates now, Clogherbouy still gets a bit of a reaction, probably more to do with the odd boarded up window, have many friends all round that area even though I grew up on the 'other' side of the town.

AH yeah years ago, you'd hear some people say that. Then herself lived beside a gap they done the usual things there.

The old stigma from years ago stuck with the area, which is a shame as there seems to be a lot of good in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

When people here are referring to "Commons Road" - exactly where are you talking about as Claremont, Clogherboy and Townspark are mentioned separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

When people here are referring to "Commons Road" - exactly where are you talking about as Claremont, Clogherboy and Townspark are mentioned separately?

They're all part of that area, Reask too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Lets not mention Johnstown.........soon to be joined with Holloways Farganstown

• Advertisement
Advertisement