Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Employed applying for Social Housing Support

Options
  • 03-05-2017 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Has anyone who's self employed gone through the Social Housing Support process with any of the housing authorities.  How did you prove your income?  On the form it asks for an Auditors Report for the last 2 years.  I've been doing my own accounts so don't have this.  Will I have to pay for an accountant to do this?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Gerinspain wrote: »
    Has anyone who's self employed gone through the Social Housing Support process with any of the housing authorities.  How did you prove your income?  On the form it asks for an Auditors Report for the last 2 years.  I've been doing my own accounts so don't have this.  Will I have to pay for an accountant to do this?
    How are you submitting accounts each year if they are not signed by an accountant?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Gerinspain wrote: »

I'd imagine they would take the notice of assessment for each year, to show your earnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

How are you submitting accounts each year if they are not signed by an accountant?

Self-assessed tax returns (which is what I assume was meant) don't require a full set of audited accounts each year. If you know how to do it, you don't necessarily need an accountant.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Gerinspain

yes, self assessed so I'll see if they will accept the tax returns.

Advertisement