Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre test and test

• 03-05-2017 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Got my test in Navan and will need to rent out a bike as my bike is not big enough, anyone can recommend any good instructors for a pre test in Navan? I need a bike for A2 as well. Will I need to do the slalom and the figure of 8 or will I just go out in town immediately? Also how long is the test?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Test is about 45 mins long but can be longer if tester is in a car, and be aware the test centre is in a very arkward place with a terrible right hand turn on a steep hill immediately outside the centre.

There are 3 well known routes the testers take (probably change all the time) all in a busy town, past primary schools etc and yes you will be asked to a 3 point turn and emergency stops.

At the start of the test the tester will come out to you in the centre and ask you a few questions about the bike, then he will bring you out and upon return he will ask you the rules of the road.

If you are stuck I know the 3 test routes really well in Navan I would be glad to help you out if you need it.

You would be better off doing the pre test on the same bike as you will use for the test if at all possible, if not practise on the bike you have anyway to learn the ropes.

Advertisement