Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

print your own An Post labels

Options
  • 03-05-2017 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

can't get an answer out of AnPost about this - is it possible to print these type of labels yourself, as part of your order fulfilment process?

plm1m4d.jpg

So you have your cart software do a packing slip, address slip and a barcode from a range supplied by An Post. The tracking code goes to the customer by email.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Could be wrong but I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭brynne

No, I don't think so. An Post lags so far behind its European counterparts in terms of online services, it's untrue. I've lived in the UK and in France and, in both of those countries, you can easily buy and print pre-paid shipping labels at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

to follow up this software does exist, it's called Autolynk and is *very* hard to get An Post to implement it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

woejus wrote: »
    to follow up this software does exist, it's called Autolynk and is *very* hard to get An Post to implement it

terribly easy to get them to implement it if you have any reasonable volume. Ring the rep, show them the volume you do, if it meets their fairly low criteria (about 100 packages a week) they'll install the software, give you the printer and collect the parcels from you every day and give your customers text notifications of expected delivery.

With their current upgrade I can say from experience that their parcel delivery service is now up with and beyond the very best out there - up to recently we used both an post & dpd and since early June we exclusively use an post due to the service enchancements and value we get and we've yet to have a delivery complaint from a customer we've sent a parcel with by an post - we send 200-300 a week and a lot more at peak period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

thanks CeilingFly. Client does 200 odd packages a week with spikes of 1000 or so (seasonal), can't get a meaningful response from AnPost. Must be the particular sales guy we have.

• Advertisement

woejus wrote: »
    thanks CeilingFly. Client does 200 odd packages a week with spikes of 1000 or so (seasonal), can't get a meaningful response from AnPost. Must be the particular sales guy we have.

all the sales rep names are onlien with their mobile number and emails

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Business+Customers/Sending+Parcels/More+than+30+Parcels.htm

You should be able to get them to about €4 + vat per parcel on that volume + collection everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

any update on this? I could really do with some software to do this as well as CN22 labels.

DPD.ie are just as bad. The UK are miles ahead of them.

turbo wrote: »
    The UK are miles ahead of them.

in fairness, the UK online shopping market is about 25 times the size of Ireland - simple economies of scale comes into play.

Also postcodes are used by everyone in the UK, so sorting and delivery is easier.

But as above, call your local rep. An Post's dispatch system is excellent once you enter the information. (like all systems - its only as good as the info entered)

email & text alerts, notes, online re-delivery options, evening and saturday delivery as standard in many areas.

If you are using CN22 labels, then you are sending outside EU. DPD will insist on and charge for customs entry. These are customs forms - you can find many fillable examples online and print off yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I don't mean to hijack but I have a few questions, we are not up to 100 shipments a week yet but is that still the ballpark for an post to collect and getting a price cut (we are on a good price but it can always be better), me delivering to the sorting office is really sucking time out of the day.

Also, without using the autolynk, is it possible to offer the text/email alerts.

Advertisement