Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Nice little stretch of walkway - sadly leads to nothing and your left walking on the narrow paths of Roscommon Road to complete the lap.

Hopefully they link it to the canal walking route and the new cycle bridge

Yeah its a pity the way it ends but it is nice and can be busy. I brought the kids in on their bikes a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

flazio wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me why there are street lights at the Ganlys exit of the bypass facing away from the road?

The walking track starts there and goes up to the all weather football pitch in monksland

The track has been there since 1989 but it's been lit up and surfaced with tarmac only in the last month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has anyone a pic of the route of that walkway you are talking about? I’m sure I seen a pic last week but can’t remember where. Always up for another route for a run or a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Has anyone a pic of the route of that walkway you are talking about? I’m sure I seen a pic last week but can’t remember where. Always up for another route for a run or a walk.

https://www.facebook.com/RoscommonCountyCouncil/photos/pcb.1102707026739851/1102704966740057/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭roosterman71

How much of that is on a trail and not just a footpath?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Yeah its a pity the way it ends but it is nice and can be busy. I brought the kids in on their bikes a few times.

It's a bit dodgey that starting point on the Roscommon road with the motorway traffic. They could improve it be adding something that would cover pedestrian safety at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

How much of that is on a trail and not just a footpath?

Just the section circuled in the attached

..and by trail, I mean tarmac, but exclusively for walkers and bikes. That been said it's not that long..maybe 1.25km

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

Might be posting in wrong thread here, but anyone know of any bus/coach going to 6 nations game Saturday (8/2/2020)?
    Googled but could only find one national company that was sold out.
    Hoping there's a local one maybe.
    Thanks

Think it's awkward to get more done as it tips into TII and Westmeath coco land. From years of experience the 2 councils may as well be north and south Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Might be posting in wrong thread here, but anyone know of any bus/coach going to 6 nations game Saturday (8/2/2020)?
    Thanks

Not being funny but there is a bus / train going to dublin every hour ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks

Get the bus into Busarus. Then across the road to Connolly station to get the DART down to Landstowne.

carq wrote: »
    Not being funny but there is a bus / train going to dublin every hour ?

Yes, I was meaning if there was a coach going directly to the stadium. Like when there's a concert on.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Get the bus into Busarus. Then across the road to Connolly station to get the DART down to Landstowne.

Thanks, I've never been to a game at the Aviva. Only ever go into Dublin to get to the airport really. Was hoping there might be a coach laid on going straight to the stadium, but can't find any. Your option might be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

alternative is to get the train, luas to 3 arena and 20 minute walk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Is there an internet cafe in town by any chance? Printer is out of action and need to print some tickets tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Is there an internet cafe in town by any chance? Printer is out of action and need to print some tickets tomorrow

use the Library .

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

A thread on the election for anyone west of the Shannon! (Not my intention to derail the discussion here)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058051251

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Is there any lab locally that tests domestic water quality?

Boxer in bother in general election?

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Boxer in bother in general election?

Town didnt flood since last election. He needed to do another rain dance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

In an impassioned address to the media, Moran said: “My sons, John and Jamie,don't live in council houses, they don't do drugs, they are very respectful gassuns and work hard."

The above is part of an otherwise magnanimous speech made by K'B'M at the count. Maybe he will rephrase it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭rn

Boxer is still a loss to Athlone. He can say he made the most of his time in the circus anyway. More that lots of them can say.

No Athlone TD after today. The SF vote surge is a kick in the guts for the poor family of det. Frank Hand (roscommon side of Athlone).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

scarepanda wrote: »
    Is there any lab locally that tests domestic water quality?

Try Roscommon CoCo.

rn wrote: »
    Boxer is still a loss to Athlone. He can say he made the most of his time in the circus anyway. More that lots of them can say.

No Athlone TD after today. The SF vote surge is a kick in the guts for the poor family of det. Frank Hand (roscommon side of Athlone).

1984 was a long time ago. With the vast majority of "that crowd" in the party, it is imprudent to not move on. Peace involves working with people you may not know or like. The new generation of people are thankfully mature enough for it.
    FYI Im a relation of his.

rn wrote: »

For one term as a TD and junior ministry what kind of pension would boxer be eligible for?

I see that theres a young 22 year old college student elected in another constituency, say he only lasts 1 term, what kind of state pension does he get?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

1984 was a long time ago. With the vast majority of "that crowd" in the party, it is imprudent to not move on. Peace involves working with people you may not know or like. The new generation of people are thankfully mature enough for it.
    FYI Im a relation of his.

Hence the proposal to commemorate the RIC.

I saw online Boxer complaining the people of Longford/Westmeath let him down, an incredibly arrogant comment to make .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I saw online Boxer complaining the people of Longford/Westmeath let him down, an incredibly arrogant comment to make .

Also quoted saying his family do not live in council housing, they work hard.

Jackass.

Also quoted saying his family do not live in council housing, they work hard.

Jackass.

Saw that too, considering those comments I don't think hes any loss. Plenty of hardworking people live and have lived in council housing. My family included.

• Advertisement

where did you see this?

Advertisement