Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn question

Options
  • 03-05-2017 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

Up until this year my lawn was nice and green. This year for some reason there are lots of dandelions, thistles and a couple of small mossy sections as well as having a more yellow colour. As said the lawn has never been like this before. Everything has been done the same as usual, cutting started around the same time as usual as well as feeding. The only thing I can put it down to and this might be well off the mark and has no affect whatsoever, but my neighbour has let their garden get very overgrown, with lots of weeds nettles and thistles.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of the dandelions, thistles and moss as well as getting a more green colour to It?

Thanks
    Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Weed and feed, but the neighbouring garden won't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Iron of sulphate will help a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Yeah...I had a similar problem...I used sulphate of iron to kill the moss, then spread a slow release fertiliser and some lime....it seems to have worked a treat. Let the grass grow a bit longer...it'll allow it to grow thicker and to inhibit the spread of weeds...

Advertisement