Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Certificate

Options
  • 03-05-2017 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm having trouble working out exactly what the cause of death on a 1961 death registration is. It can be found at this link: https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1961/04322/4115833.pdf You have to do a captcha and then accept a thing where you just have to sign any name and tick the box saying you understand.

The helpful posters on the genealogy forum got the following:

I: (a.) ? of the blood, 5 days.

(b.) Phthisis, 5 days.

II: ? galloping consumption and jaundice, galloping consumption, 14 days.

Certified

Phthisis is an old name for tuberculosis and galloping consumption is an old name for miliary tuberculosis. I was hoping somebody hear would know what the other words mean.

The rest of the information on the entry is: Date and Place of Death - 24th June 1961, Cill Tulach/ Kiltullagh, Name and Surname - Mary Connolly, Condition - Widow, Age last Birthday - 64 years, Rank, Profession or Occupation - Widow of a Farmer, Signature, Qualification, and Residence of Informant - Patrick Connolly, Son, Cill Tulach/ Kiltullagh.

Thanks. :)

Comments

Advertisement