Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paye worker and sole trader

• 03-05-2017 8:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hey everyone,just looking for an answer to a question.
    I am a paye worker,but am thinking of setting up an online business on the side(hopefully if it takes off I can quit the poxy job).

Anyway,payroll takes care of my paye,prsi and all that.if I set up as a sole trader also, does my job still do that and my accountant take care of the rest?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

Got the answer.it's okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Would you mind sharing, by PM if that suits !

MercMad wrote: »
    Would you mind sharing, by PM if that suits !

Sent ya one a few minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 16 plalor

Hi, just wondering what the answer was to this? Any chance you could share out your information? As I am currently in a similar situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭ACADasltiv

Your employer still takes care of your payroll. You provide your accountant with your P60 and they include the income and the taxes you've paid already in their calculations.

• Advertisement

plalor wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering what the answer was to this? Any chance you could share out your information? As I am currently in a similar situation.

Job takes care of all the taxes you earn in the job. Anything earned outside the job you are responsible for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 plalor

Great stuff - thanks lads

Advertisement