Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad help!!

Options
  • 03-05-2017 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Something is wrong with my iPad! It was my own fault I was downloading loads of apps at the same time and then it froze! I then pressed the home button and the power button at the same time and it switched off! I then turned it back on and just the apple logo is coming up and nothing happens after that it's been like that for a long time! What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Turn it off and leave it for 30 secs. Then Hold down the home button and then press the power button until it it powers up. This will reboot it and I expect it will be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ciarajohnstone

Cerco wrote: »
    Hold down the home button and then press the on button until it it powers up. This will reboot it and I expect it will be okay.

I've tried that it's still not working 😔

Have you tried putting it on charge and then rebooting it?
    I cannot think of anything else to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

iTunes restore?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ciarajohnstone

Have you tried putting it on charge and then rebooting it?
    I cannot think of anything else to try.

I'll try that thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

endacl wrote: »
    iTunes restore?

This is the next step!
    Don't panic, ipads don't just go kaput. It will be fixable,it is in 99.9% of cases. It's not your fault either, it's just a glitch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

While the device is powered up hold both the home and power buttons down together, the ipad will reboot and once you see the apple logo release the 2 buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Exact same thing happened to my ipod touch many years ago and it never came back on unfortunately! I would hope technology has improved since then and your problem is fixable.

I would try restore it. You will lose everything but its probably your best chance in getting it working again.

This is the next step!
    Don't panic, ipads don't just go kaput. It will be fixable,it is in 99.9% of cases. It's not your fault either, it's just a glitch.

How can a restore be accomplished when the iPad is not booting up?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Put it into safe or recovery mode.... https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201263

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

When you reboot it hold down the home button and keep it help, a message will appear on screen to tell you to hook it up to itunes and it will allow you restore it then.

Advertisement