Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance Kilmainham

• 03-05-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, in the process of buying a property in Kilmainham. The Bank requires flood cover to be included in our house insurance before mortgage can be drawn down.

I have reached out to a number of insurance companies but they won't insure.

The road has never flooded (as confirmed during valuation report) however is close to the Camac.

Anybody any help or advise? Surely some company will provide cover?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

I've been in my house since it was newly built 17 years ago. It never flooded.
    This year I got letter from my house insurance company stating that they would no longer cover for flooding. I shopped round and couldn't get any company to cover for flooding.
    Does your bank really require flood cover? PTSB never specified flood cover, just house insurance. Maybe contact bank and explain your situation. I think they can arrange something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Vinnyd

Meeoow wrote: »
    I've been in my house since it was newly built 17 years ago. It never flooded.
    This year I got letter from my house insurance company stating that they would no longer cover for flooding. I shopped round and couldn't get any company to cover for flooding.
    Does your bank really require flood cover? PTSB never specified flood cover, just house insurance. Maybe contact bank and explain your situation. I think they can arrange something.

Thanks for the info. I checked with KBC and they said I have to have it. Worried it is going to mess up the drawdown now. So frustrating because this is the very last action we have to complete before drawdown. Going to try a few other insurance companies today and maybe a broker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

Vinnyd wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I checked with KBC and they said I have to have it. Worried it is going to mess up the drawdown now. So frustrating because this is the very last action we have to complete before drawdown. Going to try a few other insurance companies today and maybe a broker.

Ring a broker they have the expertise to get this quote for you which KBC don't have. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ClareShiels

Hi, my friend has encountered this issue and was able to get mortgage with Ulster Bank, as far as I know this is the only bank that doesn't require flooding insurance - hope this advise isn't too late????

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coderdojo

Hi, in the process of buying a property in Kilmainham. The Bank requires flood cover to be included in our house insurance before mortgage can be drawn down.

I have reached out to a number of insurance companies but they won't insure.

The road has never flooded (as confirmed during valuation report) however is close to the Camac.

Anybody any help or advise? Surely some company will provide cover?

Hi Vinnyd, I am in the same situation as yours. I am with aib. Draw down stage hasn't arrived yet but couldn't get flood cover. House has not flooded but few houses had on the back of the state in 2009. No flood since then after drainage upgraded. Did you manage to get flood cover or mortgage draw down? TIA

• Advertisement
Advertisement