Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubic Hair Removal

Options
  • 03-05-2017 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

I want to remove pubic hair from my anal area (any maybe sack, etc). Can any of you give me advice on doing this?

I'd like it removed permanently but are there downsides to this? I've heard that laser treatments require many visits.

I got all waxed once and I loved the results but it's obviously temporary and tbh, it was so painful, I can't see me doing it very often.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Waxing or laser hair removal.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Laser! I've only had one session, 6 weeks ago and the hair is only growing back now! Obv I have to finish the course (6) but delighted with the results from one session! If you can afford it and it suits your hair/skin go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Are there laser hair removal places that will actually do the testicles, shaft, and around anus? My local "Therapie Clinic" won't do that area, but will do the complete genital area for women. Sexist policy, really.

No it's not a sexist policy. I was assaulted by a man during a massage and therefore I refuse to take any male clients going forward. As a manager and owner of a beauty salon I would never make any of my girls take a treatment they felt uneasy or uncomfortable doing. You could try laser clinics that have male therapists

• Advertisement

No it's not a sexist policy. I was assaulted by a man during a massage and therefore I refuse to take any male clients going forward. As a manager and owner of a beauty salon I would never make any of my girls take a treatment they felt uneasy or uncomfortable doing. You could try laser clinics that have male therapists
    Sorry, but that is sexist. What if you were assaulted by a person of colour? What if you were assaulted by a woman during a massage?

Sorry, but that is sexist. What if you were assaulted by a person of colour? What if you were assaulted by a woman during a massage?

As a woman I would not be comfortable massaging or performing treatments on an intimate area of a man of the opposite sex. Likewise I would not like to go as a customer and like a male therapist touching me intimately. You have no idea how many lewd or creepy comments a therapist is subjected to. In one salon I worked we had a regular caller who'd call up trying to talk dirty about Brazilian waxing. In another salon in the city centre we used to get an aul lad coming in who started to touch himself during his treatment.

It's not like a once off thing that happens, and if that makes a therapist sexist that's too bad. They're not being paid enough to be made feel unsafe and uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Paullimerick

Well I been having a poor enough day and just seen this post. Decided as bring a man I would check it out. I read the review on veet for me and I swear his review has me in stitchs.

As a woman I would not be comfortable massaging or performing treatments on an intimate area of a man of the opposite sex. Likewise I would not like to go as a customer and like a male therapist touching me intimately. You have no idea how many lewd or creepy comments a therapist is subjected to. In one salon I worked we had a regular caller who'd call up trying to talk dirty about Brazilian waxing. In another salon in the city centre we used to get an aul lad coming in who started to touch himself during his treatment.

It's not like a once off thing that happens, and if that makes a therapist sexist that's too bad. They're not being paid enough to be made feel unsafe and uncomfortable
    I really just wanted to know if there are places that do those areas on men...

But I understand all that. I get what you're saying. I'm sorry there's members of the male population that do those things, but I'm saying, that having different policies, based on gender, IS sexist. All men shouldn't be excluded from similar treatment you provide to women, because of inappropriate things OTHER men did. What if women did these things? Refuse ALL women too?

Like most men that want this service, I don't care if the laser hair therapist is female, male, or otherwise, I just want the hair removed from my genital area, and not feel like a pervert for even asking for such a service, like every women can. Equal rights, right?

If there were more male therapists then there's be less discrimination against male client at. I'm not sure of any laser clinics who do intimate areas for men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Ah stop women the first the jump and shout about their rights being infringed and then you see ****e like one man did this so now all men are barred..complete nonsense really. Imagine if a man said these things...feminist Marches up and down oconnell in the morning.

:cool:
    MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Ah stop women the first the jump and shout about their rights being infringed and then you see ****e like one man did this so now all men are barred..complete nonsense really. Imagine if a man said these things...feminist Marches up and down oconnell in the morning.
    Nope men aren't barred just they don't laser or treat intimate areas. Men aren't barred from my salon if anyone is comfortable taking the treatment. But, nobody should be made feel unsafe in work. It's not a one time thing, a lot of men (coincidently they're usually not Irish) ARE inappropriate with young female therapists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

MayoSalmon wrote: »

Anyone male or female is allowed to say they don't want to perform intimate waxing on a person of the opposite sex.

The issue here as far as I can see it is really why more men aren't laser technicians or beauty therapists?
    Perhaps if men didn't see it as a woman's job the problem wouldn't exist.

Edit-Lexie have you had many men apply to work in your salon? Or could you tell us what the male female ratio is in your field of work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

While I plan to stay hairy I don't like being lumped in with what ever weirdo that was just because he's a male

Anyone male or female is allowed to say they don't want to perform intimate waxing on a person of the opposite sex.

The issue here as far as I can see it is really why more men aren't laser technicians or beauty therapists?
    Perhaps if men didn't see it as a woman's job the problem wouldn't exist.

Edit-Lexie have you had many men apply to work in your salon? Or could you tell us what the male female ratio is in your field of work?
    Never. Not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭peter_dublin

Are there laser hair removal places that will actually do the testicles, shaft, and around anus? My local "Therapie Clinic" won't do that area, but will do the complete genital area for women. Sexist policy, really.

Urbana might going my their website

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Male grooming is all the go in gym dressing rooms, ball sack etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Never. Not one.

Just being nosy - would there be any sort of demand in your business for a male therapist? If one did apply, knowing your customers, would you feel they would want a male to perform the treatments or would he be removed from the reckonng early on because your customer swould not want a male therapist?*

* Genuinely just curious, not trying to catch you out with a male/female argument thing.

I'd like to get it done too, but I'd be worried about the effects of waxing such a region of the body such as infections and ingrown hairs.

I'd assue that lasering would not have these issues, but I'm guessing the pain of lasering your scrotum would be agony. I got it done on my back and that was sore enough. It is like getting an elastic band snapped against your skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Day Lewin wrote:
    This is the stuff you need.

That link posted on the first page literally made me cry tears of laughter!!

Treatments such as massage, nails, eyebrow artistry etc I can't imagine there being a problem. There's been an increase of male clients looking for beauty treatments however so I'm sure a lot of male clients would be more comfortable with a male therapist.

Sometimes if a male called up asking about massages, and it sounded a bit suss, we'd say "well we can pop you in with our male therapist" and the majority of the time they'd say no they wanted a female. You'd know then if they were looking for a genuine massage or had something else in mind. Youngvirosh males were generally the least likely to ask. A lot of men that were inappropriate were older Irish males or Asian, but can only speak from experience.

I can't imagine women would be comfortable with a male doing their waxing or tanning, but pedicures etc couldn't see there being a problem

• Advertisement

Urbana might going my their website
    Thanks!
    I'd assue that lasering would not have these issues, but I'm guessing the pain of lasering your scrotum would be agony. I got it done on my back and that was sore enough. It is like getting an elastic band snapped against your skin.
    I have a high tolerance for pain. I've got it done in other areas and the "pinch" was fine.
    I can't imagine women would be comfortable with a male doing their waxing or tanning
    Maybe in Ireland, yeah, but I know American girls that have got their waxing done by male therapists, and they don't care. It's no big deal.

Thanks!

I have a high tolerance for pain. I've got it done in other areas and the "pinch" was fine.

Maybe in Ireland, yeah, but I know American girls that have got their waxing done by male therapists, and they don't care. It's no big deal.
    Well it kind depends on the client. I know I personally wouldn't be thrilled on all fours letting a man get all up in my business, but do think there's more male therapists needed, as there's more male clients using beauty salons nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

OP give Blink & Wink a try if you're in Dublin. A male colleague of mine gets his waxing done there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think it's safe to say this went a bit off topic over the weekend... Let's keep things helpful for the OP please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

If getting laser done seems difficult, can anyone suggest a DIY alternative (nor laser obviously)? An electric shaver?

If getting laser done seems difficult, can anyone suggest a DIY alternative (nor laser obviously)? An electric shaver?
    It won't be difficult I'm sure. There are places out there that offer it, I'm just not certain where. Someone up thread recommended Urbana, you could try there? A quick google brings up akina.ie too. Havana therapy too. Again, I'm not sure how good they are or if they intimate areas, but you could try.

I personally wouldn't know about shavers to recommend but could imagine the regrowth to be a bit uncomfortable.

It won't be difficult I'm sure. There are places out there that offer it, I'm just not certain where. Someone up thread recommended Urbana, you could try there? A quick google brings up akina.ie too. Havana therapy too. Again, I'm not sure how good they are or if they intimate areas, but you could try.

I personally wouldn't know about shavers to recommend but could imagine the regrowth to be a bit uncomfortable.

Thanks. Do lasers treatments exist that are permanent? Is it a case of go 6 times in a row to remove it all, and repeat sessions every few years sort of thing?

Thanks. Do lasers treatments exist that are permanent? Is it a case of go 6 times in a row to remove it all, and repeat sessions every few years sort of thing?
    My understanding of it is it's "hair reduction". It tends not to be advertised as permanent hair removal. As far as I know electrolysis is the only proven method of hair removal but that's a completely different procedure, very slow, takes a very long time to be effective but from what I hear at present it's the only proven method of permanent hair removal. It's not something I'd be rushing to recommend for your nether regions though.

Generally depending on the hair colour and coarseness of the hair, about six sessions are needed (sometimes more but six is average) and then you follow up with maintenance treatments, could be every 12/18 months again depending on yourself.

My understanding of it is it's "hair reduction". It tends not to be advertised as permanent hair removal. As far as I know electrolysis is the only proven method of hair removal but that's a completely different procedure, very slow, takes a very long time to be effective but from what I hear at present it's the only proven method of permanent hair removal. It's not something I'd be rushing to recommend for your nether regions though.

Generally depending on the hair colour and coarseness of the hair, about six sessions are needed (sometimes more but six is average) and then you follow up with maintenance treatments, could be every 12/18 months again depending on yourself.

I got this dude to wax for me a couple of years back. Seems he does electrolysis too.

• Advertisement

You could enquire but as each hair is treated individually and removed, one by one, it would be painful, lengthly and expensive but if you were ok with that like I said and in article) it's the only proven method of permanent removal.

Advertisement