Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubic Hair Removal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

Well it kind depends on the client. I know I personally wouldn't be thrilled on all fours letting a man get all up in my business, but do think there's more male therapists needed, as there's more male clients using beauty salons nowadays

The mind boggles!! , why are people getting this treatment done ? an old lady called Annie Duffin, who ran a little shop in Burkestown , Ballycullane and who is deceased this many a decade once told me " where there is hair there is comfort . I was too young to understand what she meant at the time. She told me with a twinkle in her eye and a sly smile "" when you're older you'll know what I mean !" . I found out much later . The only fact I know about all this waxing/shaving is the incidence of crabs has almost disappeared BUT the incidence of venereal disease has rocketed. Lots of young ladies are carrying vd that will destroy their fallopian tubes and they will only find out when its too late , i.e. chlamyidia

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

robinwing wrote:
    The only fact I know about all this waxing/shaving is the incidence of crabs has almost disappeared BUT the incidence of venereal disease has rocketed. Lots of young ladies are carrying vd that will destroy their fallopian tubes and they will only find out when its too late , i.e. chlamyidia

Afaicr, there was only one study done that showed a correlation between pubic hair removal and increased incidence of STIs and even the authors of the study pointed out that they couldn't categorically state that the removal of the hair was itself the cause of the increase, it could have been a number of factors e.g. people who remove their pubic hair *may* be more likely to be more sexually active/take more risks/add any factor you want, pretty much.

I'm on the app at the moment so can't post a link but will come back later with it. It's interesting reading whichever side of the fence you're coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Is there a danger of infection and/or ingrown hairs etc when waxing the crack - especially as it does not get out in the fresh air much!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wafflepie

First off, I'm a young woman, I love laser, I'm 1000% sure I don't have any STDs and I've had the same partner. But I feel cleaner and it's less time consuming for the grooming part of it, it makes me feel less self conscious about myself too.

OP I get mine done in Heaven Beauty. They have pamper packages and such for men so it's worth a call to see if they could help? Theres one on O Connell street just past the Starbucks.
    If they say no problem if you look on Dealrush you can get vouchers on there for heaven quite often. I got one for the Brazilian there half price for 6 sessions and have had great results.

I've actually purchased another voucher to do my entire legs so I think they're very good and the vouchers online are a great bargain, there's never an issue with them.

I hope this helps 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Afaicr, there was only one study done that showed a correlation between pubic hair removal and increased incidence of STIs and even the authors of the study pointed out that they couldn't categorically state that the removal of the hair was itself the cause of the increase, it could have been a number of factors e.g. people who remove their pubic hair *may* be more likely to be more sexually active/take more risks/add any factor you want, pretty much.

I'm on the app at the moment so can't post a link but will come back later with it. It's interesting reading whichever side of the fence you're coming from.

Study itself: http://sti.bmj.com/content/early/2016/10/31/sextrans-2016-052687

Layman's translation: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/13/pubic-hair-grooming-sexually-transmitted-infections-study

Key findings:

1. The best defence against STIs is to practice safe sex, not stop pubic grooming

2. Causation couldn't be established, but "micro tears" caused by shaving were considered a "plausible" factor,

It's also worth pointing out that the study was carried out in the US, where shaving is *far* more common than waxing or laser. The majority of respondents were "high frequency groomers" which the authors classified as "daily or weekly trimming". Suffice it to say, if you're shaving your pubic area daily or weekly, you're far more likely to cut yourself/open an abrasion in the skin than someone getting a wax every 6-8 weeks or getting laser done over a course of 6 sessions plus maintenance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement