Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel shot proof

Options
  • 03-05-2017 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere online I can check if my Beretta is steel shot proofed?
    I dont see anything on the Beretta website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

you need to look at the proof marks, best to post a picture of them. I will say though that the vast majority of modern shotguns are good to go.
    proof_mark_for_Steel_shot_Baikal.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere online I can check if my Beretta is steel shot proofed?
    I dont see anything on the Beretta website.

Any pressure limits stamped anywhere on the gun ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Most Berettas are steel shot proofed. Not all have the Fleur De Lys marking, and some depend on the choke(s). If you check the choke it should have "SP" stamped on it. If it has then its steel shot proofed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Thanks to all for your help. The choke tubes are indeed marked SP but I could not find any fleur de lis marks on the barrels, there are figures of KG 1.520 (pressure?) and an 18.something and 76 cam(3 inch chamber I presume).
    If anyone can enlighten me on the figures great if not thanks again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not an expert on barrel markings so someone correct me if i'm wrong.
    grassroot1 wrote: »
    .......... but I could not find any fleur de lis marks on the barrels,
    Not all Berettas have them. Mine didn't.
    there are figures of KG 1.520 (pressure?)
    Pretty sure that is the weight of the barrel(s), and not pressure.
    and an 18.something
    Usually refers to the gauge. 18.3 or 18.5 is 12 gauge (0.729 inches). If there are two sets of numbers it'll also tell you the choke or constriction of the barrels.
    and 76 cam(3 inch chamber I presume).
    3" chamber.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
Advertisement