If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Bravia Amazon video app.

Options
  • 04-05-2017 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

Got a Sony bravia off ye a while back. Not your  issue i know but you may be able to point me in the right direction. I've got amazon prime now but there's no app on my Sony tv for it. I regiregistered my tv on the sony essentials website but no Amazon video app.  Any ideas what i ca do or is it just Sony are not making the app available for iIrish customers?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Car99 wrote: »
    Hi ,

Got a Sony bravia off ye a while back. Not your  issue i know but you may be able to point me in the right direction. I've got amazon prime now but there's no app on my Sony tv for it. I regiregistered my tv on the sony essentials website but no Amazon video app.  Any ideas what i ca do or is it just Sony are not making the app available for iIrish customers?
    Hi Car99,

I just phoned the Sony support line and they told me the app is not region specific so it should be available in Ireland. There might be model compatibility though. If you call: 0330 440 2060 Sony may be able to help you with getting it installed on the TV. Is your TV android based?

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Thanks David, I'll let you know.

Thanks David, I'll let you know.
    No problem Car99.

Let us know what they say.

They said , my tv in not Android so that's why I don't have the app on my TV . Sony don't have amazon available on their network. I'll have to make do with netflix. Only wanted amazon cause I'm have prime membership.
    Thanks for the contact info David.

They said , my tv in not Android so that's why I don't have the app on my TV . Sony don't have amazon available on their network. I'll have to make do with netflix. Only wanted amazon cause I'm have prime membership.
    Thanks for the contact info David.
    Thanks for the info Car99.

Sorry it wan't better news.

You could purchase an Amazon firestick and access it that way.

• Advertisement

Was thinking that but am being drawn to fire tv Android box apparently it's smoother to use than the stick.

Was thinking that but am being drawn to fire tv Android box apparently it's smoother to use than the stick.
    Haven't tried the box yet myself.

I'm running with a firestick at home and it does a good little job.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.