Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Won't switch to student account

Options
  • 04-05-2017 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I created account over a year ago. When I created my account I brought the necessary college documents and proceeded to create a student account and I went through the process of setting up the student account which the stuff member there made sure it was a student account. A few months after I realised I was getting charged when I shouldn't have. Upon further inspection I realised it wasn't a student account despite being told it was on its creation.

Given that it was a clerical error I've assumed i'd be entitled to my money back from this but it's been a yo-yo situation with each member of staff telling me I will and others telling me I won't. I've gone back to my local bank 5 times since finding out about this, and everytime I have to get a new letter from my college as proof that i'm still there and every time I'm told by the staff member there "that's perfect, we'll send the new student card out in a week or 2" with me never getting it or an email back. 

As it is my account is still a normal account, but i'm on my absolute wits end with the poor customer service and i'm losing money that as a student i'm very low on. I'd like to know can the money be refunded or is there any contact which will actually sort this problem out for me? As my local bank don't seem to be doing anything about it no matter how many times I go back to them. If it's not sorted soon i'm closing my account shortly and taking my business to somewhere that will actually follow through on the procedure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

DonnchaCH wrote: »
    Hi,

I created account over a year ago. When I created my account I brought the necessary college documents and proceeded to create a student account and I went through the process of setting up the student account which the stuff member there made sure it was a student account. A few months after I realised I was getting charged when I shouldn't have. Upon further inspection I realised it wasn't a student account despite being told it was on its creation.

Given that it was a clerical error I've assumed i'd be entitled to my money back from this but it's been a yo-yo situation with each member of staff telling me I will and others telling me I won't. I've gone back to my local bank 5 times since finding out about this, and everytime I have to get a new letter from my college as proof that i'm still there and every time I'm told by the staff member there "that's perfect, we'll send the new student card out in a week or 2" with me never getting it or an email back. 

As it is my account is still a normal account, but i'm on my absolute wits end with the poor customer service and i'm losing money that as a student i'm very low on. I'd like to know can the money be refunded or is there any contact which will actually sort this problem out for me? As my local bank don't seem to be doing anything about it no matter how many times I go back to them. If it's not sorted soon i'm closing my account shortly and taking my business to somewhere that will actually follow through on the procedure.
    Hi DonnchaCH, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

We're sorry to hear that you have had this trouble amending the status of your account to a Student account. We'd like to try and help resolve this for you. Can you please send us a private message with your name, account holding branch and contact number? We can then arrange for a representative to investigate this further for you. Please click on the link in my signature below to send the private message. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DonnchaCH

Hi,

Hi DonnchaCH, 

We're sorry to hear that you have had this trouble amending the status of your account to a Student account. We'd like to try and help resolve this for you. Can you please send us a private message with your name, account holding branch and contact number? We can then arrange for a representative to investigate this further for you. Please click on the link in my signature below to send the private message. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

I tired to private message you but it says that private messages isn't enabled on your account if you could enable it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Pro-tip: call their customer service line and lodge a formal complaint. They will be legally obliged to provide you with a resolution. Threatening to take your business elsewhere will literally mean nothing to them. By all means, do it but make sure you get your money refunded first. Absolutely no excuse for the treatment you've received so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi,

Hi DonnchaCH, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

I tired to private message you but it says that private messages isn't enabled on your account if you could enable it?
    Look at her signature, you PM the Reps account not an individual rep. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi,

Hi DonnchaCH, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Hi DonnchaCH, 

Can you try to click on the link below in this reply as this should allow you to send us a PM. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement
Advertisement