Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe cover colour. Advise needed.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

@Galego.

I assume by your username you have some Galician connections.

Heading to Lisbon Sunday for a quick trip up to Santiago. I hope to be drinking some of your fine Estrella Galicia as soon as we cross the border.

No overshoes required (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    @Galego.

I assume by your username you have some Galician connections.

Heading to Lisbon Sunday for a quick trip up to Santiago. I hope to be drinking some of your fine Estrella Galicia as soon as we cross the border.

No overshoes required (hopefully)
    Yes I am galician. :-) From Burela in the Lugo Province.
    Are you going with the bike?
    I like Estrella Galicia but we are known more for our white wines (Albarinho & Ribeiro).
    Be aventurous and eat a "Pulpo a feira!!" My favourite - I never get tired of eating it! Enjoy your trip. Weather meant to be nice......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Galego wrote: »
    I like Estrella Galicia but we are known more for our white wines (Albarinho & Ribeiro).
    Be aventurous and eat a "Pulpo a feira!!" My favourite - I never get tired of eating it! Enjoy your trip. Weather meant to be nice......

yes on the bikes.

I am a big fan of "pulpo" and eat it whenever I can get it over there.

Seaswimmer wrote: »

yes on the bikes.

I am a big fan of "pulpo" and eat it whenever I can get it over there.
    Which route are you doing?
    IMO the nicest part of Galicia to cycle is Os Ancares going from the Ourense all the way up to Asturias crossing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Which route are you doing?
    IMO the nicest part of Galicia to cycle is Os Ancares going from the Ourense all the way up to Asturias crossing them.

Hugely underrated area of the world to visit.

Great food, drink, countryside and coast.

Spent a week sailing around Baiona and Vigo before cycling to Pyrnees. The festival in Baiona was great fun

I've only ever had the Pulpo with potatoes, salt, paprika. I've had it quite a bit though.

Can't help on overshoes sorry!

Enjoy trip @seaswimmer. Following coast or heading inland? Interior of Portugal is fantastic,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Can we get back on topic, please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Eamonnator wrote: »

Try the Octopus and leave down the Rule Book!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Eamonnator wrote: »

There are two types of cyclists, those who would wear Fluo overshoes and those who are wrong ;)

I see nothing wrong about fluo colour my post was whether I would look like a rainbow wearing each thing in a different colour.

Anyway I am going with my guts on this one..thanks anyone who contributed to the topic.

By the way....most out there go out colour coordinated, big brands (castelli santini...) , big expensive bikes, carbon wheels, etc...but then I get slagged when I post a cycling fashion question!? Is it a tabu topic in ireland? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Woah! Slow down there. You are about to make the biggest decision of your life, and you don't seem to have thought through the consequences.

What colour is your bike?

• Advertisement

Zen0 wrote: »
    Woah! Slow down there. You are about to make the biggest decision of your life, and you don't seem to have thought through the consequences.

What colour is your bike?

I know I am a bad-ass.....possibly ruining my life after this.

My bike is black.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,446 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My bike is black.
    Why the hell did you not say that on the first place?

Fluorescent pink it is then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Beasty wrote: »
    Fluorescent pink it is then.....

Saucy :D

tumblr_nr5c5jNhD71tb7qw1o3_1280.jpg

Fluorescent pink and black is so last year darling! I'd suggest something a little more subtle, maybe a hounds tooth pattern, or maybe an understated Argyll pattern. Overshoes do come in those styles one assumes.

Zen0 wrote: »
    Oh my!

Yeah, you're right, they are a bit understated!

Advertisement