Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I help my 14 years old daughter with this bad behavior?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adriana25

bee06 wrote: »
    Not a rabbit but maybe a family dog it can be good for kids. I don't believe she's running around killing small pets, we've only heard of 1 incident. Even a horse riding lesson just something to develop some kind of bond.
    My evil ant killer is nearly 2, I'm not going to worry too much about it but the difference between him and his brother is that the older guy was brought up with a dog until he was knocked down when he was 1 but he had that animal interaction in the womb and for his 1st year. The difference is chalk and cheese between them when it comes to animals.

Do you really not think there is a difference between a 2 year old who stands on ants and a 14 year old who watches animals being tortured on the internet and who has already killed two hamsters?
    She has had rabbits, cats, dogs and she tortured them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adriana25

bee06 wrote: »
    Not a rabbit but maybe a family dog it can be good for kids. I don't believe she's running around killing small pets, we've only heard of 1 incident. Even a horse riding lesson just something to develop some kind of bond.
    My evil ant killer is nearly 2, I'm not going to worry too much about it but the difference between him and his brother is that the older guy was brought up with a dog until he was knocked down when he was 1 but he had that animal interaction in the womb and for his 1st year. The difference is chalk and cheese between them when it comes to animals.

Do you really not think there is a difference between a 2 year old who stands on ants and a 14 year old who watches animals being tortured on the internet and who has already killed two hamsters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

This really feels like a troll post. If it isn't it really shouldn't be a thread open for discussion. The advice is simple, the child needs to be referred for professional assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Adriana25 wrote: »

Where are you while all this is happening? Why is she allowed on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

bmwguy wrote: »
    What do we kill passively everyday? Could be a troll post from OP she hasnt been back yet but killing is not a natural instinct for us.
    You probably kill all the time without thinking about it. You wouldn't tolerate a rat colony living under your floorboards, you wouldn't tolerate an infestation of flies... You hopefully worm your pets and headlice are wiped out as soon as possible...

There is a difference between killing something out of necessity or even out of sport, and a callous disregard for the well-being of other animals.

I don't agree with blood sports, but a hunter who shoots game isn't the same as one who traps animals for the purpose of torturing them to death.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am closing this thread.
    OP I am of the opinion that you need to seek professional help for the child and that you will not get the help that you need here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement