Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance cover on fundraiser events

Options
  • 04-05-2017 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone might have experience of a scenario like this?...

Let's say you were caught up in a crash during a CI-sanctioned sportive and you were unlucky enough to break a bone, be out of work for 6-weeks or whatever and weren't being paid from your job while out.

As far as I know, we can claim for (maybe some of) our loss of earnings incurred through our CI licences - I think that's right anyways, yeah?

But....
    Let's say you were taking part in a local GAA Club fundraiser for example, and down you went. Broken bone, out of work, lose your salary for that time period. Would you be entitled to claim for losses through your CI license/insurance do you think? Wonder would they wash their hands of it because someone else is running it? (but then we're supposed to be covered once on our bikes afaik)

Just thinking maybe someone here was unfortunate enough to find themselves in that situation and might know what a person would do.

Now it hasn't happened - I actually did fall off a while back and broke my collarbone while out for a spin and was out (paid) for 6-weeks, but I nearly came down in a crash recently in a sportive, and there's actually a local GAA Womens team fundraiser on this summer, so had wondered what might have been the case if I had taken a tumble in that.
    Hypotethical I know....was curious to see if anyone on here might have experienced that scenario?
    thanks,
    Andy

Advertisement